Marinate on this... "The Purge"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Damn. I wouldn't participate in the way you're thinking. Technically we'd all be participating. How this leads to a 1% unemployment, I don't know. Did they start the killings at the unemployment offices?

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Damn. I wouldn't participate in the way you're thinking. Technically we'd all be participating. How this leads to a 1% unemployment, I don't know. Did they start the killings at the unemployment offices?

Well think of who the majority of the targets would be. The odds that people are going to go randomly shooting homeless people is unlikely. 12 hours of amnesty would most likely target the corrupt (in a perfect world). I'm interested to see how the movie plays it out, but I imagine that is how it would go about...

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    'Part two' of the shock at someone actually pondering this.

Is the only thing that keeps you from raping, murdering, pillaging, and robbing your fellow Americans the fact that it's illegal? Is that all that stops you? Because you don't want to break the law?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    'Part two' of the shock at someone actually pondering this.

Is the only thing that keeps you from raping, murdering, pillaging, and robbing your fellow Americans the fact that it's illegal? Is that all that stops you? Because you don't want to break the law?

Considering world history from previous civilizations as well as the Americas own history.

It's seems that once a Civilization removes something from being unlawful, in an attempt to clear the conscious of its morally binding reflection of that law, then lawful responsibility for the ethics of whatever the action is no longer exist.

Therefore, the people are free to perform the action, now not seen as wrong and often encouraged to do so.

Regardless, it's not quite that easy. We can 'play' the, “it's ok b/c it's legal game” all we want.

It will not override or negate the core moral compass(Soul?) that drives our emotions
    and people are likely to still feel guilty thus leaving them no better than they were before hand
    and now more likely, worse off.

I could think of countless examples of this.

/

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well think of who the majority of the targets would be. The odds that people are going to go randomly shooting homeless people is unlikely. 12 hours of amnesty would most likely target the corrupt (in a perfect world). I'm interested to see how the movie plays it out, but I imagine that is how it would go about...

If that movie doesn't have these crazies camped out at politicians' houses, it's totally unbelievable! ;)

They would be the first to go in ANY purge!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If that movie doesn't have these crazies camped out at politicians' houses, it's totally unbelievable! ;)

They would be the first to go in ANY purge!

Yeah, among many reasons this will never happen, politicians will not allow it because they know they will be the first to go. It would probably rid the world of narcissists in 12 hours.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Second thought, who thinks of this ****? If someone posted this idea on a forum they would probably be on a watch list, hollywood comes up with it and it is art...

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    interesting.

I think itd be like if during the purge, I stole a ferrari.

The ACT occured during the purge, so it was "legal", but now that the purge is over i'm still in possession of stolen property.

Top Bottom