Marine Aviators Inbound

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I have a marine friend coming into New Orleans (Algiers/Belle Chasse), and he's going to be flying a Chinook from Virginia. He's going to be in town for a week prior to his 3-year assignment at Algiers. He's my age (40s) and needs lodging, and he described his needs as driving distance to the airfield and stumbling distance to local eats and watering holes. I figured Algiers would be his best bet, but since I don't know the West Bank so well (There Be Dragons Here) I figured I'd put it out to you guys. Suggestions are welcome.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    He could also look into Gretna. MUCH less crime than Algiers, and pretty much a straight shot down Belle Chasse Hwy to NAS NOLA.

J

jayd

Near the corner of Lapalco and Manhattan blvd there is a Best Western? In the same complex is a Copelands with bar and decent food

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    +1 on the Best Western on Lapalco and Manhattan. Lots of pilots stay there when visiting Alvin Callander (Belle Chasse NAS) and they totally re-did the place about 3 years ago. I stayed there for a funeral and the place was immaculate and the staff very organized. That was just about 2 years back. The Copelands was one of "the places " to hang out if you were a military aviator and lots of the local chics hung out there too.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Lil G's Restaurant on Belle Chasse Hwy between the field and Gretna is a good one; Cafe 615 on Keppler in Gretna has great food (it was formerly known for years as "Da Wabbit."

Top Bottom