Marrero Man Beats, Rapes Woman for 4 Days.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Marrero man pleads not guilty to charges he beat, imprisoned woman in closet for 4 days
    She was freed after a passing motorist saw suspect strike her, called 911, authorities say
    Prosecutors have charged a Marrero man with beating and sexually abusing a woman whom authorities say he kept bound in a closet during a "sadistic" four-day attack.

Darryl Vinson, 58, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to attempted second-degree murder, second-degree kidnapping, false imprisonment while armed with a weapon and second-degree sexual battery, according to Jefferson Parish court records.

Darryl Vinson, 57, was arrested and booked with attempted second-degree murder, first-degree rape, aggravated kidnapping and false imprisonment while armed with a weapon.
    Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
    Vinson is accused of attacking the victim, a 49-year-old woman with whom he'd previously had a relationship, at her Gretna home on the night of Jan. 25. He sexually assaulted her and beat her over the following days, leaving her with a brain bleed, broken ribs, black eyes, facial swelling and bruises and cuts all over body, Police Chief Arthur Lawson said. Between assaults, he tied her up and kept her locked in a closet, police said.
    He was allegedly armed with a knife and a pistol.

'Sadistic': Marrero man accused of raping, beating woman he locked in closet for 4 days
    The woman was freed Jan. 29 when Vinson decided to take her along for a trip to the store, authorities say. While on Manhattan Boulevard in Harvey, a passing motorist saw Vinson hit the woman in a vehicle and called 911.

Vinson was being held Wednesday at the parish jail in Gretna in lieu of $401,000 bond.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    why is there even a bond for a fella like this.....

That is a high bond though. Someone would have to pay a bondsman about $40,100(10%), which is just a fee for the bondsman. The alternative would be for a homeowner to sign a bond with the court with their house as collateral. The third and most unlikely would be someone actually posting $401,000 cash.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Just another domestic squabble. Now she’s looking for another place to live I imagine.
    I bet she’s thinking she shoulda just fixed that sammich...

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux

Bond is not meant to be punitive. It is to assure the defendant will show up in court. That's the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. Can't lock someone for a year waiting for a trial and have him found not guilty.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Just another domestic squabble. Now she’s looking for another place to live I imagine.
    I bet she’s thinking she shoulda just fixed that sammich...

Seriously man what the hell is wrong with you? A woman is raped and beaten for multiple days and you think making a "get back in the kitchen" joke is appropriate?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Seriously man what the hell is wrong with you? A woman is raped and beaten for multiple days and you think making a "get back in the kitchen" joke is appropriate?
    Were you truly offended or just looking to be?
    If I truly offended you let me sincerely apologize, but I have to ask how you managed to read the story if you’re that sensitive?
    My remarks were no personal attack on anyone here. I wonder if the woman will wait for him to be released from jail and go back. It’s possible we don’t know the entire story is where my remark was headed. But if you were that offended, shame on me. What the hell is wrong with me? What the hell is wrong with this world.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La

The sad truth is many women go back to the guy that beat them. Maybe she won't but im sure this wasn't the first time he treated her like crap.. Its just the first time he went to far and got caught. I bet the cops who are members here all have stories of a spouse getting beat up, calls the cops, spouse goes to jail, and the other spouse drops the charges.

I'm sure that's what Magdump was getting at.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area

Don't waste your time. I don't think there's anything to be gained by attempting to educate someone whose lone contribution to a legal discussion is, "cool story, bro." I guess everyone is potentially a "bro," to those who don't know who their father is.
    Not surprisingly, that teenaged "cool story, bro" reply was used in several other threads, like a child dying to use a new word; the scary part is that those GED hopefuls are on a gun forum. Despite not understanding due process, the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights, they try in vain to call themselves "patriots." I guess it makes them feel better.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Someone like that if bonded out may not make it to court. Depends on how the victims family handles the situation. Bond may save the taxpayers lots of money in the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom