Mary Landrieu

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    The election is about for or against Mary. She's going to get the votes she gets, Maness isn't going to cause her to win another term. This is the primary, if she gets 50% + 1 she's in, otherwise she's in a runoff against either Cassidy or Maness. I'll vote for the true conservative and let the chips fall where they will. I'm tired of playing the game of RINO vs. Democrat, it's a losing game.

Pocket

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Sewanee, TN
    And if he was polling at 20%, I would consider voting for him. For now, I will stick with the Prom Queen theory and vote for whoever has the best chance to beat Queen Mary.

I agree. We need to go back to a democratic primary and a republican primary system like we had before and this would not be as much of a problem.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Well, at least the election is not tomorrow. Instead of giving in so early , Get the word out with an honest effort. We / you can do something if you really want to.
    Send the man some money, is it really gonna hurt ? Tell a few friends ? What do you have to loose ?
    Because right now, you just HOPEULLY want to be on the winning team.

Look , I understand. But I am also fed up. and instead of whining about it, I AM TRYING.
    I have sent money several times. and I DO speak to my customers about him. EVERY DAY !

Last edited:

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    I understand where you are coming form LNSvince and I Would like to vote for Maness but, if the vote is split and she comes up with the 50%, we are stuck with her again. Maybe it is second choice but, I have to go with Cassidy because of the possibility of a split vote.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Then let me rephrase my statement.
    Vote for Cassidy, I understand. But until then, throw ole Col Maness a bone and lets see what happens. You have up to the time you walk into the booth is all Im asking.

He's hung in this long.

Ill do the same for you. Im gonna keep throwing him bones, and If I truly feel its not gonna work, when I throw open those curtains, Ill do the right thing. For sure doing the same ole thing is just gonna reap the same results.
    I have NEVER sent anyone money. I have never pushed a name through my business.
    But this time I am.

Last edited:

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    1796597_943424099006359_3206353654272637176_n.jpg

Why isn't Cassidy there ?

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    "Splitting the Vote" is a lie that the establishment GOP put out to scare people into voting for their weak, more liberal candidate. In a jungle primary it is "every man for themselves" and the top two go to the run-off.

The primary objective is to deny Landrieu 50.1% of the vote and with four Democrats, three Republicans and a Libertarian in the race it is very unlikely that Landrieu will benefit from any so-called "splitting the vote".

Any vote against Landrieu is a vote against Landrieu.

By having Maness as the more Conservative candidate in the race he will assure that even more folks will turn out to vote against Landrieu.

On November 4th, you have a choice of who to vote for and if their is a run-off in December and Maness is not in the run-off then we will just have to hold our noses and vote for the lesser of two evils Mary or Mary 2.0

I hope that cleared up any misunderstandings about the "split the vote"

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    My issue with Maness is that his hit ads were on Cassidy to begin with. I do think he, like a lot of other "conservative" candidates in particularly important races, is simply a Landrieu stalking horse. I base ths on the VA governor's race, heck Perot in 1992 even. Akin in Missouri, looses cannon heavily financed from the Left. Long lists and a tried and true Leftist tactic.

+1

I'm sure he's a good guy but IMO a vote for him is a vote for Landrieu. The Liberals have long since learned that you have to gain control before you can impose your will or policy on the people, something conservatives better learn quick or they will not win another important election for a long time to come.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    I understand where you are coming form LNSvince and I Would like to vote for Maness but, if the vote is split and she comes up with the 50%, we are stuck with her again. Maybe it is second choice but, I have to go with Cassidy because of the possibility of a split vote.

I would like someone to explain this to me. If the primary was between just Cassidy and Landreiu and, to make it easy, 1000 people voted. Of those 1000 people, 485 voted for Landreiu, she would have 48.5% of the vote. Cassidy would have 51.5% and would win. Now throw in Maness. Let's say he splits Cassidy's vote right down the middle, both would have 25.75% of the vote but guess what, Landreiu would still only have 48.5%. Now I'm not sure how that would work out for the run off with Cassidy and Maness tied but the point is unless having Maness in the primary causes less people that would have voted for either him or Cassidy to come out or he cause more people that will vote for Landreiu to come out, which I wouldn't understand either, if anything he would cause more people to come out and vote for someone other than Landreiu, Landreiu doesn't win in the primary.

Now if your argument is that people will show up to vote against Mary in the primary but they wouldn't show up to vote against her in the run-off or if you think more people would show up for Mary in the run-off, then I understand. But trying to say that Mary will win the primary BECAUSE of Maness makes no sense.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    All kinds of things can happen in a runoff. If the same voters that voted in the primary would vote in the runoff, it wouldn't be a problem. Cassidy voters might not show up thinking he has it won. Landrieu voters might show up thinking she needs the help. It will be the only election in the country, the dems will be here in force trying to get out the minority vote. I would rather she lose in the primary than take a chance in the runoff.

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    The problem is that half the people that voted for the guy that didn't make the runoff are busy on the next voting day.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here is the current polling on this race. Note that the forgone conclusion is a race between Cassidy and Landrieu. So you ask yourself; why is Maness and Landrieu even having a debate? If Maness wants to win, he needs to beat Cassidy; not Landrieu. Something is wrong with all of this. I do not put ANYTHING past politicians in general to win/rig elections, and most specifically these phony democrats.

And for those of you that would like to see Maness gain some ground; what about his message is different than Cassidy's? In other words, what is HE going to contribute that is so different than Cassidy?

Someone mentioned earlier that this 2 republican / 1 democrat 3-way is not going to matter; and to a certain extent that is true. What the democrats want is Landrieu to make the runoff; then they will circle the wagons and go all in to get her there. The main reason they want this 3 ring circus is to bide for time. If these scum dems lose a crap load of seats in all of the nationwide primary's and have no chance to keep the Senate, they will be less likely to dump money into Landrieu's runoff. But if she ends up in a position to be in a runoff that would decide the Senate, you will see these clowns dump millions to help her.

Bottom line is vote your conscious and your guy, but you would be better off if Maness was not there; and Cassidy beat this two faced turncoat and zombie out right on the 4th.
    [h=3]Polling Data[/h]
    PollDateSampleMoECassidy (R)Landrieu (D)Spread
    RCP Average9/2 - 10/1----48.042.4Cassidy +5.6
    CBS News/NYT/YouGov9/20 - 10/12187 LV2.04741Cassidy +6
    PPP (D)9/25 - 9/281141 LV2.94845Cassidy +3
    CNN/Opinion Research9/22 - 9/25610 LV4.05047Cassidy +3
    FOX News9/14 - 9/16617 LV4.05138Cassidy +13
    Rasmussen Reports9/2 - 9/3800 LV4.04441Cassidy +3
    All Louisiana Senate - Cassidy vs. Landrieu Polling Data
    Data above is for the runoff election that will take place on Dec. 6 if no candidate receives
    50% of the vote in the open primary on Nov. 4.

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Central (NE Baton Rouge, LA)
    This is a very important election year for Louisiana (and the U.S.). Maness may be a great guy and all, but Cassidy is (and has been) the strongest candidate to defeat her. If the voters let Maness peel off too many votes in the primary, we could wind up with Landrieu again.

I'd be alright with Maness or Cassidy as our senator, but to me, it's not worth the risk. Who knows what Landrieu has up her sleeve? I think we should all gather behind the current strongest leader, and avoid that potential train wreck during the primaries.

Hear. Hear! Exactly, we shoot ourselves in the foot by NOT VOTING SMART. It's not that the other candidates are bad, but they don't stand a chance; which means we throw our votes away based on principal alone.

Principal alone doesn't lead, it follows; and does so very frustrated.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Landrieu has sacked her campaign manager yesterday. She has heavily outspent Cassidy and is still polling under 50%. Typical arrogant career politician that believes just because she is a democrat that she is a shoo in with the "free ****" mantra. She's right about that message resonating with the "free shitters" but the "free thinkers" are going to make this self important douche sit out from the feed trough the next 6 years.

Top Bottom