Massively pissed off.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Keep getting rootkit viruses (security essentials....) blah,Blah,blah worst part is I keep getting them From Adrians Undead Diary Blog sight, don't have to much trouble cleaning them out but man is it aggravating! Any suggestions on how to stop from getting these? I have Nod 32 virus protechtion but they blow right by that. Anonymous surfing......maybe any suggestions appreciated. T

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Keep getting rootkit viruses (security essentials....) blah,Blah,blah worst part is I keep getting them From Adrians Undead Diary Blog sight, don't have to much trouble cleaning them out but man is it aggravating1 Any suggestions on how to stop from getting these? I have Nod 32 virus protechtion but they blow right by that. Anonymous surfing......maybe any suggestions appreciated. T

Might want to research the virus to see how it infects your computer, as in exploiting a backdoor through Chrome/FireFox/Internet Explorer and see if there's a patch for that.

WiLieR

I R Nooble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Madison, MS
    I have had zero issues with AUD. I run FireFox with AdBlock installed and tweaked along with AVG. SuperAntiSpyware has found nothing from AUD and neither has AVG.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Make sure all is uo to date, windows, office, adobe, java, etc etc etc. Oh, and stay off sites you know you will get a virus from.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Keep getting rootkit viruses (security essentials....) blah,Blah,blah worst part is I keep getting them From Adrians Undead Diary Blog sight, don't have to much trouble cleaning them out but man is it aggravating! Any suggestions on how to stop from getting these? I have Nod 32 virus protechtion but they blow right by that. Anonymous surfing......maybe any suggestions appreciated. T

What browser are you using?

If you're on a PC, I recommend you download Spybot Search & Destroy (free), it's a good program and stays on in the background monitoring for spyware. It works well with other virus software and tends to pick up the stuff that slips through the cracks.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Don't get me wrong I can clean em out no problem I run Combo fix and Malewarebytes and that knocks the crap out of em. I want to block them! I hate Macs, I just can't get used to the operating system......

LSP I'm trying to catch up while it's maddening slow at work I'm still in like May 2010

I have both IE and FIREFOX it's hit me through both of them.....

Last edited:

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Its about to get really interesting, then. Some of the side stories are a bit of a stretch (okay, a BIG stretch), but overall its been very credible and entertaining. But you gotta wonder what direction he's gonna go after... never mind, you'll see. :D

Yep. I can't wait to see what happens.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    On the Microsoft website the have free Microsoft security essentials. Works great for me. Norton and all the other crap seems to make my computer run worse.

Hear. Hear. I had Symantec Business on my network at work and would update every year when a newer version was sent. Last version I installed, and the last version of network anti-virus w/admin console snap-ins built in I would ever use left out this important detail on the System Requirements Info label:

Hard Disc Space Required: ALL OF IT!
    RAM Required: ALL OF IT!

This conspiracy by anti-virus software companies to hog hard disc space at every turn is really starting to get silly. Oh yeah, I believe the Anti-virus software companies create all of the viruses too! :chuckles:

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Of all the software Microsoft chose to monopolize on and include with every copy of Windows, an anti virus never crossed their minds? I was using AVG free, just reformatted (other reasons) and am using Avast! again.

It is not that big of a deal if I get a virus, I can just wipe the OS again if all else fails. It just aggravating to run an anti virus that will eventually fail.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    It's possible the virus has infected your boot loader. Download Avast and run a boot scan, I've gotten rid of a few stubborn boogers with it.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I keep getting the same one. My google results keep getting hijacked and occasionally I get this same malware as you. I can remove it in less than 5 minutes but I cannot fix my search results for the life of me.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    There's also the possibility that the malware isn't getting completely removed from your computer. The original trojan/malware may be still on the computer and releasing it's payload which you are finding. The secondary infection may be the one that is found/removed. Good Luck.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    It definately leaves a rootkit which will re-infect if you don't run combo fix, I do the quickscan with Malewarebytes then a full scan then she comes up clear, the quick scan picks up 7 bad files, then full scan picks up 5 more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom