Match near lafayette?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pure Luck

Yes it is loaded
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Lafayette
    I know, I know,.... I could use search but as in most forums, it is good to ask old questions and bring in a new conversation. At least that has been my take on it.

Where is the closest IPSC type match near Lafayette? how much are the fees? and when are matches?

Thanks.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I am going to try to make the EAPS match on the 16th. I have been itching to shoot my first match, so I guess this will be the one.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Just be sure and look for Lloyd when you get there. He is the nicest old man you will ever meet and he will guide you with loving gentleness through the pertinent rules and guidelines to keep in mind for your first match. If you really show a lot of interest in his ramblings stories and ask a bunch of questions, he just might put you in his squad and hold your hand throughout the entire match.

PS - Lloyd really likes it when people come up and try and peek at what is under his fancy gun cover. :mamoru:

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I am going to try to make the EAPS match on the 16th. I have been itching to shoot my first match, so I guess this will be the one.

Get there a little early and look for me. You'll see lots of people who you know from the class (including latech15). We'll walk you around and then Lloyd will do an intro for new shooters. You'll do just fine and have a good time.

Pure Luck

Yes it is loaded
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Lafayette
    It has been ages sence last time I shot a match, but a hour and a half to shoot is a bit far to drive for an hour of shooting....

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    It has been ages sence last time I shot a match, but a hour and a half to shoot is a bit far to drive for an hour of shooting....

Nah, you'll get your money's worth. It's an hour of squadding, an hour and a half of shooting, and an hour of cleaning-up followed by brass sorting and and a climactic awards ceremony. Seriously though... the company is good, and quite a few drive further than that. I mostly look forward to the conversation and a little friendly competition as a side benefit. It's like the gunshow crowd, except someone has filtered out every-single idiot;)

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La

I agree that it is quite a drive, but there aren't any matches around this area. Another plus will be that I should know a few of the guys there, and this being my first match, I can use all the help that I can get.
    The only other place around here that I can find is CAS in Thibodaux, which is still a little drive too. I really wish that we did have a place closer to the New Iberia/Laffayette area.

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I'm very new to the sport, so I haven't made that many trips but, the traffic is almost non-existent at 7 on a sunday morning, so its really not bad at all. It really is fun and worth the trip.

I do wish there was a closer match too though...

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    A few guys come in from New Iberia every month. You guys need to get one of them "short buses" and all ride together.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    hour and a half too far to drive......

HA - we were just sitting around trying to figure out if we were going to drive 2.5 hours to Orange, 3 hours to Thibodaux, or 3 hours to Byram next month. It ain't if, it's which two.

The last trip to Orange, we loaded up six of us in a suburban and I tell you, the 2.5 hours over there flew by. We had to roll the windows down and shovel the BS out a few times, but it was tons of fun.

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Like Jeff said. the closest match for us is 2-1/2 hours, so a three hour drive just means 30 more minutes of talking smack before a match.
    Just make sure you have plenty of Oxy-Clean on hand when you get back, some stains just won't come out, huh Jeff?

Top Bottom