Match schedule

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    The BS.com calendar is fairly comprehensive as well, just FYI.

Things can be added in sometimes and not listed, but that's just a matter of getting on the Mailing List for the pertinent clubs (CAS and TPS most notably).

You better add EAPS or risk a time-out.

CMorse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Breaux Bridge
    Thanks peeps. I have been looking around it just seems like no one has a schedule up for Jan yet. I am planning on getting into shooting comps, but unfortunately I am gone alot due to work. I guess worst case scenario I just have fun at the range by myself.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    CAS is the 1st Sunday of each Month
    LSS is the 2nd Saturday of each month (Steel)
    EAPS is the 3rd Sunday of each month
    TPS is the 4th (and 5th if there is one) Sunday of each month
    Nick's is every Thursday evening and Sunday morning beginning Jan 6th
    Practice at Baker every Wednesday evening.

Last edited:

mahamoti

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Walker, LA
    CAS is the 1st Sunday of each Month
    LSS is the 2nd Saturday of each month (Steel)
    EAPS is the 3rd Sunday of each month
    TPS is the 4th (and 5th if there is one) Sunday of each month
    Nick's is every Thursday evening and Sunday morning beginning Jan 6th
    Practice at Baker every Wednesday evening.
    To add to this:
    TPS steel is the 2nd Sunday, and TPS IDPA is the first Saturday.

TPS also has practice sessions on non-match Saturdays.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    You better add EAPS or risk a time-out.

Nah, Keith is really good about posting threads for each match. TPS and CAS are the key mailing lists, I've found.

CAS steel is this (2nd) Saturday as well.

TPS is doing a high round count match instead of steel this weekend, for those that don't know. Like... really high. Contact Hoov if you wanna participate-- there's probably still time!

mahamoti

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Nah, Keith is really good about posting threads for each match. TPS and CAS are the key mailing lists, I've found.

CAS steel is this (2nd) Saturday as well.

TPS is doing a high round count match instead of steel this weekend, for those that don't know. Like... really high. Contact Hoov if you wanna participate-- there's probably still time!

In his defense, he listed CAS steel as LSS.

I don't guess anyone is shooting production at TPS Sunday, eh? I'm in for limited minor with stock mags...

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I still have not got word on how they intend to handle production or single stack but I presume I will be shooting limited minor with factory mags as well.

mahamoti

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Walker, LA
    I still have not got word on how they intend to handle production or single stack but I presume I will be shooting limited minor with factory mags as well.

Hoov said they were sticking to class rules... So you'd need at least 7 mags on your belt, plus 1 in the gun.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    For you guys who can't go tho the line with 7 mags of 27 or 28, we'll reload for you while you're shooting - same as at CAS.

I got cocky and took 3 mags to the steel stage at CAS and only had 2 rounds left when I finished.

I'll bring some extra M&P 9mm Mags if anyone needs to borrow.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Hoov told me that he'd discuss the Production option with Lightning and see what they came up with. It may be an at-the-match decision.

Either way, just bring your regular rigs and be prepared for the potential of shooting Limited Minor. You guys can keep track of each other and compete that way-- though Jason, I expect you to finish well regardless of the scoring factor and three rounds you'll be missing per mag. :p

I... will be shooting Open. :D

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    For you guys who can't go tho the line with 7 mags of 27 or 28, we'll reload for you while you're shooting - same as at CAS.

I got cocky and took 3 mags to the steel stage at CAS and only had 2 rounds left when I finished.

I'll bring some extra M&P 9mm Mags if anyone needs to borrow.

This is not going to be a "stand in the box and shoot" match like CAS was, so having someone reload your mags as you drop them is not going to be an option.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Hoov told me that he'd discuss the Production option with Lightning and see what they came up with. It may be an at-the-match decision.

Either way, just bring your regular rigs and be prepared for the potential of shooting Limited Minor. You guys can keep track of each other and compete that way-- though Jason, I expect you to finish well regardless of the scoring factor and three rounds you'll be missing per mag. :p

I... will be shooting Open. :D

Yeah I think limited minor will be fun. I should have got a magwell and a few 140mm basepads. I think 23 rd mags and the light recoil would make up for the scoring disadvantage. Especially if you just shoot all alphas.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Yeah I think limited minor will be fun. I should have got a magwell and a few 140mm basepads. I think 23 rd mags and the light recoil would make up for the scoring disadvantage. Especially if you just shoot all alphas.

Exactly.

Shooting Limited for a month taught me a couple of things about Production-- and "shoot A's no matter what gun you're running" was definitely one of them.

Top Bottom