Maybe a new forum?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I was thinking that maybe a new forum, Survival Talk, or something so called, might be a popular forum. There seems to be alot of interest and ideas to share among members that I feel could be devoted to its own disccussion forum. What do yall think?? Thanks

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    As long as the whole Scenario aspect of it is left out.

So your wife takes some gangbangers parking spot at Walmart and low and behold they follow her home w/o her knowledge. Well at O dark thirty your dogs start barking with that definitely something is wrong bark. Well your thirteen your old fell asleep downstairs on the couch watching tv and wakes up. He/she spots the intruders and releases a blood curling scream. Blah, Blah, Blah
    We don't need/want that here.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I hadn't even considered those. That's not my definition of survival. Usually its 'what goes in my BOB?', 'which sleeping bag should I buy?', 'which handgun is better for stopping aliens from leaving crop circles on your lawn?' type questions...
    Book/movie reviews, hurricane prep, etc. are all things that end up in 'off topic' now instead of survival.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm all for it.

Anyone use the vacuum bags where you vacuum out the air?
    What about any type of water proof bag or do you just spray your current bag down with scotchguard like I do?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I hadn't even considered those. That's not my definition of survival. Usually its 'what goes in my BOB?', 'which sleeping bag should I buy?', 'which handgun is better for stopping aliens from leaving crop circles on your lawn?' type questions...
    Book/movie reviews, hurricane prep, etc. are all things that end up in 'off topic' now instead of survival.

kinda what i was thinking.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I still think its a good idea, if its not too much trouble. Honestly, I read the site by 'new posts' not by category, but then again I check every day. For people that only come here once a week (or less) the categories are useful. 'Off topic' needs to be subdivided. Also, the membership is growing. I don't know how many posts were getting per day now, but its up from 3 months ago considerably. We're going to get to the point where I can't keep up by hitting 'new post'!

Top Bottom