Mea Maxima Culpa: Pope Benedict Retires?!? Conicidence?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Last night I was surfing the channels and came across a documentary on HBO; Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God.

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/mea-maxima-culpa/index.html

It was released in Nov 2012, and it is an in depth investigation into the coverups by the Vatican and the church to keep secret the molestations of the pedophile preists in various cities and countries. I kind of followed these stories when they occured, but WOW! I had no idea how dispicable some of these monsters were and how terrible the Vatican acted in covering this stuff up.

There are alot of villains in this tragedy. It's not necessarily an anti-church hit piece, but is about the victims' struggle to get justice in the face of overwhleming pressure from the church heirarchy to quell their stories. Spoiler alert: The Vatican is a powerful entity!

Very interesting! Very well done! And very sad! All at once.

It was an eye opener for me.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    With enough power and money you can make a very big pile of lies to stack on top of the truth.

However, the truth is an impenetrable, unstoppable force. You can only delay its power.

Sadly they completely abandon the very thing they claim authority over, the Bible.

It's right there for them to see, but they do not.

Luke 8:17
    17 For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest,
    nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light.

Seems pretty simple, but alas, it never is.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    With enough power and money you can make a very big pile of lies to stack on top of the truth.

However, the truth is an impenetrable, unstoppable force. You can only delay its power.

Sadly they completely abandon the very thing they claim authority over, the Bible.

It's right there for them to see, but they do not.

Luke 8:17

Seems pretty simple, but alas, it never is.

It was disheartening to see how far they would go to protect those scumbags. I couldn't help but ask during this show, "Why don't they just admit it, get the confidence of their followers back, and be done with it?"

To think that over 90% of Ireland's Catholics abandoned the church just because of the scumbag they had there. How can they allow the church to take that kind of hit?

I was flabergasted!

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It was disheartening to see how far they would go to protect those scumbags. I couldn't help but ask during this show, "Why don't they just admit it, get the confidence of their followers back, and be done with it?"

To think that over 90% of Ireland's Catholics abandoned the church just because of the scumbag they had there. How can they allow the church to take that kind of hit?

I was flabergasted!

Maybe b/c they can't afford to.

I agree, you would think that it would be easy to outcast these priest in a show of intolerance, and as you said, gain the confidence of their parishioners that this is NOT tolerated, your sons will be protected......but.....no.

:dunno:

I won't speculate on why etc. etc. That would be lengthy and worhtless IMO.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe b/c they can't afford to.

I agree, you would think that it would be easy to outcast these priest in a show of intolerance, and as you said, gain the confidence of their parishioners that this is NOT tolerated, your sons will be protected......but.....no.

I won't speculate on why etc. etc. That would be lengthy and worhtless IMO.

The documentarians at least, put forth this reason; which made sense to me---The Vatican has had this power and standing for over 200 years, and any effort to denegrate that power, diminish their influence, and most importantly interrupt the "Rivers of cash that flow through the Vatican!", is not an option.

They also put forth that the deisre within the vatican itself, by the Cardinals to ascend in the heirarchy is overwhleming.

As for them not affording to, these lawsuits are still coming. They are bankrupting Parishes in many places where these crimes occurred as we sit today. I hate to think that there are so many more of these cover-ups out there where the Vatican thinks it would bankrupt them!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm sure they have a nice spot reserved in a dark place upon entering the afterlife.

That's great that YOU believe that! And that's fine. But I don't believe that. I believe in these scumbags paying for their crimes/sins while they walk on the same planet and breath the same air as I do. To me, when the pedophile priest from Wicsonsin (200 accusations of molestation), died; I felt he skated!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Sadly, I didn't mean financially afford :(

Well then, that's REALLY sad!

But I disagree! I think that if Benedict (Ratzinger), and the rest of them gave a crap; they could start planning (they have arleady proved they are good at that), now; to have the successor be "that" Pope, that clears the air on a new era.

What they are doing now is hoping it all goes away over time. That's going to be a tough slog; cause they are still trying to get Benedict on crimes against humanity! That's a pretty big deal.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well then, that's REALLY sad!

But I disagree! I think that if Benedict (Ratzinger), and the rest of them gave a crap; they could start planning (they have arleady proved they are good at that), now; to have the successor be "that" Pope, that clears the air on a new era.

What they are doing now is hoping it all goes away over time. That's going to be a tough slog; cause they are still trying to get Benedict on crimes against humanity! That's a pretty big deal.

Too big to fail mentality...
    disappointed-1013.gif

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Sorry Tom & Emp, I can't read that stuff.

Understandable to a point! You can't blame your faith or be ashamed of your beliefs because of something a "human" in the church did or does. I do think that this horror show could actually strengthen their position for the future if "believers" knew the truth and understood how it happened, and/or could happen in the future.

Something I didn't realize until last night was the American Archdiocese was the first Diocese to implement a child protection policy for their Parishes as a direct result of this tragedy. And it didn't dawn on me that I was already directly affected by it with my involvement in Cub Scouts. I had to take the Diocesean course on child protection just because of the affiliation with the kids and the troop being sponsored by a church here in Prairieville.

That's a good thing, right? I think so.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Understandable to a point! You can't blame your faith or be ashamed of your beliefs because of something a "human" in the church did or does. I do think that this horror show could actually strengthen their position for the future if "believers" knew the truth and understood how it happened, and/or could happen in the future.

No it's not that, I just HATE reading about child molesters and them listing what they've done. Makes me sick and angry.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No it's not that, I just HATE reading about child molesters and them listing what they've done. Makes me sick and angry.

I think it's important to know the extent that they all went; molesters and enablers!

It is pretty unsettling for sure. Make no mistake, it matters not to me whether they are priests, coaches, or someone's uncle; they are all the same, their crimes equally despicable!

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I think it's important to know the extent that they all went; molesters and enablers!

It is pretty unsettling for sure. Make no mistake, it matters not to me whether they are priests, coaches, or someone's uncle; they are all the same, their crimes equally despicable!

Nothing, other than kicking them out, has been done about the child molesters in the Baptist churches I attended. These perverts are everywhere!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For the first time in over 600 years a standing Pope is resigning the post! This is very interesting.

Alot of people don't realize what kind of scrutiny this man is under for things not related to his age or health.

I would love to know what would make a Pope break 600 years of tradition. I don't have any tin foil by my computer if necessary.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    For the first time in over 600 years a standing Pope is resigning the post! This is very interesting.

Alot of people don't realize what kind of scrutiny this man is under for things not related to his age or health.

I would love to know what would make a Pope break 600 years of tradition. I don't have any tin foil by my computer if necessary.

I see where you're going, but Pope Benedict was called God's Rottweiler as a Cardinal. He is the one who initiated and led the investigations to have so many of the priest denounced and kicked out over the Child Abuse cases.

The timing is ripe for conspiracy but just doesn’t make much sense considering his background against what he called ‘Filth in the Church’ and then went on to rally against it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom