Meat and Gravy with Rice and Crawfish Bread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I know today is Mother's Day but we actually had our little celebration last night. Today we just didn't feel like doing a whole lot what with the dreary rainy weather here. I did decide to cook something that we love and just don't have often enough, I call it Rice and Gravy but it's actually more like Meat and Gravy with Rice. This is an old regular staple here in Louisiana in Cajun Country. I've talked about it befroe so I'll just touch on it lightly.

It's beef(this was bottom round steaks)simply seasoned with salt, black pepper and garlic powder(or granulated). Browned until it leaves a nice rich fond behind. Add onions and brow to deglaze the bottom of the pan and add water or a stock to make the gravy. Mmmm..........
    Add the meat back into the pan, cover and simmer for an hour or two until the meat is fork tender. Make some fresh white rice and serve with the gravy over rice with a couple of pieces of meat and whatever sides you like and THAT is a fantastic meal!
    Today I opened a can of peas and made some Crawfish Bread. I was going to make some mini crawfish pies this weekend but I started thinking about crawfish bread and couldn't get it out of my head.

DSC03805.jpg

While cooking I endulged in about a half dozen tequila and stawberry Jello Shots.

DSC03798.jpg

Getting ready to chop the crawfish tails.

DSC03801.jpg

Cheesy crawfish mixture spread on the bread and waiting for the oven to heat up.

DSC03803.jpg

Crawfish bread baked!

DSC03806.jpg

You know I was thinking that maybe this was too much crawfish bread for just four of us but this stuff is sooo good. Mmmmmm................

DSC03809.jpg

Dinner served!

DSC03810.jpg

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Here you go!

Crawfish Bread

1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup sliced green onion tops
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 cup Louisiana crawfish tails, finely chopped
    Salt
    Ground black pepper
    1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
    Preheat oven to 350º. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, butter, mozzarella, green onion, and garlic powder. Fold in chopped crawfish, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread crawfish mixture on French bread, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut in 2-inch pieces, and serve immediately.

Top Bottom