Meaux Guns (formerly Red Jacket Firearms) burglarized early Monday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    8242629_G.jpg

BATON ROUGE, LA - Police are investigating another burglary at a Baton Rouge gun store.

Detectives said firearms were taken from Meaux Guns on Mammoth Avenue around 1 a.m. Monday.

They have not yet determined how many guns were stolen or if the thieves got away with any ammunition for the weapons.

Investigators are reviewing surveillance footage to help identify the suspects.

Last month, three masked men broke into Bowie Outfitters on Perkins Road.

Detectives said they do not know whether the two incidents are related.

Anyone with information about either break-in is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 344-7867.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll predict the future!

These burglaries will continue and there will be a push by gun haters in the US to mandate that all firearms dealers/sellers must secure either their store fronts or their merchandise better.

After all, having a firearms dealers license is probably considered a privilege.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They may have had one, the article is short on details.

Then there was this:

Please excuse the parasitism of advertising preceding the video.

http://www.wbrz.com/videos/police-investigate-two-gun-store-heists

I question how this is bad for "The Community" though. Unless he is hinting about the black community specifically and because the are obviously black. I don't understand that statement. Doesn't he realize the neighborhood his store is in? There are far worse crimes going on in B.R. than gun burglary.

And what an odd way to dress for a night time burglary?!? :confused: White shirts and pajama pants?

Last edited:

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    One would hope that all the Class 3 items were well secured and were not part of the items stolen.

In some of the pictures of the perps there appears to be a couple cans on the counter, could be dummy but who knows? One of the idiots also has a trainer pistol.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Years ago before Red Jacket was famous a guy that I know from Pride broke in and Will was sleeping in the place. I think there was some shots fired and he was caught pretty quick.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    It was actually a burglary, not a robbery. I heard there was an attempt at another shop in the BR area also the same night.

FYI:
    Burglary (also called breaking and entering and sometimes housebreaking) is a crime, the essence of which is illegal entry into a building for the purposes of committing an offence. Usually that offence will be theft, but most jurisdictions specify others which fall within the ambit of burglary.

Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take anything of value by force or threat of force or by putting the victim in fear. At common law, robbery is defined as taking the property of another, with the intent to permanently deprive the person of that property, by means of force or fear.[2] Precise definitions of the offence may vary between jurisdictions. Robbery is differentiated from other forms of theft (such as burglary, shoplifting or car theft) by its inherently violent nature (a violent crime).

:) here to help

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Seems like they are preparing for a drug war, and everyone is arming themselves. These thieves are getting more bold, and willing to kill in broad daylight for little to no reason.

I hope we all stay safe, and those who can. Make sure they train and carry enough. Let's not give the liberals reason to ban or restrict gun rights. Let's give them stories of the good guys winning.

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    In most cases, doesn't apply all the time but I would venture to say 90% of the time insurance is never cheaper in the long run.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Eh. The security cameras there are not great. I don't know who would consider the captured footage "clear" or of high resolution.

The images shown are of average resolution, considering the distance to the subject.

Now, compared to some absolutely atrocious 80's cameras still in use at some banks, the resolution is quite excellent.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom