Meaux Guns (formerly Red Jacket Firearms) burglarized early Monday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Still no word on a alarm system???

The building is equipped with an alarm system. Whether or not it was armed is a different matter, or maybe someone put a Post-It note with the code next to the keypad. I doubt these crooks were sophisticated enough to have defeated it.

Broke

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    http://www.wbrz.com/news/3-charged-with-gun-store-heist

BATON ROUGE - Police say they have arrested three men believed to be behind the burglary of more than 50 guns from a Baton Rouge firearms retailer.

Investigators said 19-year-old Charles Evans, 23-year-old Geno Lyons and 19-year-old Oneal Thompson were taken into custody last night and charged with simple burglary and theft of a firearm.

Hope they live a long time in jail.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    A total of 82 guns were stolen between the pair of burglaries with 50 of those firearms coming from Meaux Guns. 11 of the guns and accessories were recovered Wednesday night.

:eek3: Only 13% recovered.

And this?!?

charged with simple burglary and theft of a firearm.

Seems like some weak consequences to me. :ohreally:

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    A total of 82 guns were stolen between the pair of burglaries with 50 of those firearms coming from Meaux Guns. 11 of the guns and accessories were recovered Wednesday night.

:eek3: Only 13% recovered.

And this?!?

Seems like some weak consequences to me. :ohreally:

They will be back on the streets and I would not be surprised if the other guns were already sold and are all over the state by now.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They will be back on the streets and I would not be surprised if the other guns were already sold and are all over the state by now.

I'm sure there are some federal charges also which are going to be a pretty big deal. They don't usually let these guys off light.

Let's make this thread a "Sticky" and follow our 3 Life Coaches as they meander through the legal system! :mamoru:

I'm with DAVE_M though, they will be hard at their careers again in no time.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    via The Advocate

Baton Rouge police arrested three men Wednesday in the theft of bayonets, suppressors, boxes of ammunition and 50 firearms, including large-caliber and custom-made guns, stolen during a recent burglary of a gun store, police said.

Burglars on July 6 broke through a back wall to get into Meaux Guns and Ammo on Mammoth Avenue in Baton Rouge, according to an affidavit of probable cause.

The store was formerly known as Red Jacket Firearms, the setting for the reality show *Sons of Guns* that was renamed after former owner Will Hayden was accused last year of raping a child.

Surveillance cameras recorded three or four masked men stealing the 50 guns and weapon accessories, the affidavit states.

Three days later, officers tried to pull over a car driven by Charles Kieran Evans, 19, for a faulty light, according to the report.

Evans took off and led police on a chase but eventually was caught. Officers found firearm rounds in his pocket and a box of rare ammunition in his car, the report states.

Police connected the ammunition to the Meaux Guns burglary, in part because the hand-written price tag matched handwriting used in the store.

Evans at first told police he found the boxes of ammunition.

In a police interview Wednesday, though, Evans confessed to participating in the Meaux Guns burglary, according to the report.

He also named two accomplices, Geno Eugene Lyons, 23, and Oneal Nicholas Thompson, 19.

All three were arrested Wednesday on counts of simple burglary and theft of a firearm, Baton Rouge police said in a news release.

Officers also believe the three were responsible for the burglary of Bowie Outfitters on Perkins Road and the attempted burglary of Hebert’s Guns in Gonzales also in July, the release states.

On June 9, 32 firearms were stolen from Bowie Outfitters.

Evans told police the trio participated in the two burglaries and the attempted burglary, according to the affidavit.

DNA from a pair of sunglasses found at Hebert’s Guns matched Evans, and a cigarette butt found in a stolen vehicle used in the Bowie Outfitters burglary had Lyon’s DNA, officers wrote.

After reviewing Meaux and Hebert’s Guns surveillance tapes, detectives said Evans appeared to be wearing the *same unique capri pants* during both burglaries.

Eighty-two guns were stolen between the burglaries at Meaux’s and Bowie Outfitters, said L’Jean McKneely, a police spokesman. He said police recovered 11 guns along with accessories when they made the arrests Wednesday and are searching for the 71 firearms still missing.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Heard someone at a snowball stand near my house discussing how he was upset that they didn't tell him they had them, cause he would have "held" a few for them so his kids could have them. There's some awesome folks out there!

Top Bottom