Medal Of Honor Warfighter. Anyone played it? Is it worth buying?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I know the online reviews haven't been the most favorable but I don't play online and just play the campaigns. So has anyone here played it yet and is it worth buying?

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Great story.
    Some of the mission are based off real operations and people.

Gameplay/shooting is the same as the last M.O.H. Same ol', same ol'.

Only worth a rental IMO.

:)

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    This is the first MOH I've played. I like it much better than any of the COD games. My only gripe is the limited number of maps on multiplayer. So far I've only played team deathmatches so I don't know if other modes have different maps. I play on PS3 username BustYerGrape. Feel free to add me.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    DangerClose had to rush to meet their deadline, and it shows-- at least on the PS3 (port).

There are some "WTF is this doing in an FPS" missions in the Single Player, but overall I thought it was pretty solid.

But you're never buying these games for the SP anymore; they're short, don't have a ton of replay value, and certainly aren't worth the $60 new price tag.

As an online shooter, it's less casual/twitch friendly than basically anything else out right now. But you're looking at the same engine that BF3 uses, with a lot of the same problems to varying degrees. There's some input lag from time to time-- and right now, at least on the PS3, there's a lot of things broken. VOIP probably won't work until Christmas-- if then. They've got half the planet stuck on the East servers, and here in Louisiana (barring some creative tweaking), that's where you'll be playing. You will have rubberbanding in some lobbies as they work on servers; might as well accept it.

Then there's loads of other little things. Clipping on objects, stupid FoV issues (you can get shot but can't seem to put rounds through that bush), no reload animation like 70% of the time (is he changing the mag... or should I spam that button again), spawning directly into gunfire or right behind the guy who just shot you, etc.

That said-- I'm still enjoying it overall, and I'm pretty damn picky. If you liked MW2/MW3, I'd go with BLOPS2 instead; if you have taste, Warfighter might be up your alley-- especially since it will be cheaper to buy in the coming days/weeks.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Top Bottom