Medical marijuana cardholders are banned from buying guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I didn't see it, but if this was already posted, sorey. :)

Gun control via healthcare? On the surface, it appears so, unless I'm missing something.

I'm not a part of the "legalize everything" crowd- but I'm not against someone in pain using this if it has been decided it actually helps them. Should that deny them their right to buy a firearm? :confused:

http://www.businessinsider.com/medical-marijuana-and-the-second-amendment-2016-8

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    terrible

I'm fine with a gun store refusing anyone for anyone reason, however when it's based on a govt mandate, I get triggered!

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    The background check should also include how many alcoholic beverages you consume per week.

Perhaps all gun owners should have to pass a breathalyzer test 3 times per day just to make sure they aren't intoxicated while owning a firearm!

Let's get in a safe space people!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    You guys do realize that a lot of people that have medical marijuana cards are not in pain and have n o valid medical reason to smoke it right? I know people that have no medical conditions but have the cards so they can smoke and be legal. The cards are a joke. There may be people with valid reasons for having them but a lot of them don't.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You guys do realize that a lot of people that have medical marijuana cards are not in pain and have n o valid medical reason to smoke it right? I know people that have no medical conditions but have the cards so they can smoke and be legal. The cards are a joke. There may be people with valid reasons for having them but a lot of them don't.

But da gubment be infringin' on muh rights.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/gun-control-court-ban-medical-pot-gun/

People are supposed to choose between treating their medical condition and procuring a means of self-defense.

3493704.jpg

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006

That's awful, these people should be put in prison forever.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I have a close friend in his 70's going through cancer treatment. And you want to know what is keeping him from wasting away from the chemo? The "munchies maaaan". As I understand it he was perscribed a "supplement" so he aint rollin a J, but if he were I dont see the big deal. Its not techically illegal use of narcotics in states who allow use of medical weed. I dont recall the exact wording from the 4473, but someone shouldn't be denied over a legitiment medical treatment. I mean seriously their are so many doctors prescribing drugs with much more dangerous side-effects than a little weed.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The medicinal marijuana in the article is not what is prescribed here in Louisiana.

Honestly, I don't know enough about the different types of "medical marijuana" available to know what's available :dogkeke:.....Would this ruling also cover what would be prescribed here for medical purposes? At the end of the day, it's still MJ, right?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Honestly, I don't know enough about the different types of "medical marijuana" available to know what's available :dogkeke:.....Would this ruling also cover what would be prescribed here for medical purposes? At the end of the day, it's still MJ, right?

Because it is so far in my past I see no viable case against me, I will testify not all weed it created equal. There is a whole blackmarket system of "bargan-brand" to "top-shelf" grades of that stuff.
    Also the stuff Ole Miss grows for the rest of the country's medical mj programs is allegedly quite potent. Word is it rivals some of the best blackmarket grades.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom