Medical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I didn't mention it but earlier this month my little sister had a medical issue crop up that landed her in a few biopsies. My husband has twisted my arm since it's been five years since my last colonoscopy and my sister had polyps. With colon cancer striking multiple family members including Dad, Spec's turned insistent this is done right now... My appointment is at 845 in the morning. The good news! It's no longer a gallon of this vile noxious liquid. It's half that. I only have to drink four glasses tonight....

And four more glasses, four hours before my procedure the next day. Who the **** wakes up at four am to drink this stuff? Someone's sick idea of a twisted sick form of Sesame Street. FOUR, today's number is four.

Anything I post anytime after 9AM tomorrow is under the influence of Versed.

And... I'm starved!!!

Anyway, some good thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. I'm willing to blow it off and ignore it until I have to face it. Tomorrow holds the possibility of life altering news. It's a bit nerve wracking.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Prayers sent, of course! Hang in there and have faith that all will be well.

...and in a couple of days we'll probably have a laugh at the "under the influence" posts you made! :D

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I know exactly what you mean. I just got a phone call about my HIV, HSV1, and HSV2 panel I had drawn the other day. (All negative, thankfully!) Waiting is the worst part of any medical diagnostic test. Sometimes I lose track of what my patients are going through because I SEE it every day. Helps with the empathy to experience it once a year or so. Positive thoughts headed your way!

Cajunlady

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Chauvin
    I have the tests done regularly also. My mom had polyps removed and her dad died of colon cancer. So it's important to stay ahead of the ballgame knowing it runs in the family. Yea, I dread that nasty stuff we have to drink and of course the fasting which goes along with it, but it's all worth it in the long run. Good Luck on the procedure with 100% good results. :)

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I wish the other cancers could be detected as early and as easily as the ones seen by a colonoscope.

I have had seven. A polyp was found 15y ago that was precancerous, none from the others.

I like hearing "Come back in five years." I'm a miracle of modern medical science.
    :squint:

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I used to dread these sorts of medical tests, however after this summer's medical adventure, I no longer feel they are such a big deal. For me it all started out with a routine doctor visit in May, which lead to one test then another, and one minor procedure to another, to a biopsy or two, (only about 50% accurate) to another procedure, total of 11 days in the hospital, not counting same day procedures, etc. Most of the way the doctors saying it is probably nothing, but lets do one more test, then the doctors start saying it really is something, we just are not sure if the tumor is cancerous or not (80% chance of cancer, and a bad one) , then to major surgery a month ago which I am still slowly recovering from leaving me with a 10 inch long scar across my abdomen, and potential life long side effects, however the good news in all this, once the tumor was removed it turned out to be benign. Even after this long ordeal, there is something to say for it not being cancer (the suspected type has a high rate of return even if the tumor was removed, and a 0% 5 year survival rate, median survival from diagnosis of about 12 months).

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Isaac, that sounds like my Dad's adventure with an adrenal tumor two years ago. Today he is feeling better than he has in many years but it has been a long arduous road at which point he started living for himself because he was thinking months rather than years.

This will be my third colonoscopy. Dad had colon cancer, his sister had colon cancer. She also had ovarian and my sister has had cervical cancer. Earlier this month her pap smear and subsequent biopsy is positive again. They're hoping it's just a brief procedure and removal, no long term issues. Her colonoscopy resulted in two polyps two weeks ago but came back fine. So my husband is cruising a bit on the hyper-alert side.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. I got out of the house for a bit because I was starving. Went to Walmart to.... wait for it...... grocery shop. That didn't last through the first aisle before I came out with three kinds of clear juice, and four flavors of jello that wasn't orange or red.

Laugh. Spec will I'm sure.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Hey, you never know and your never too young to find yourself in a medical situation, I am only 42, and this whole adventure started on the off chance that I mentioned to my doctor during a regular visit (prescription renewal) that the previous week I had experienced some indigestion and general all over itching, at the time I had no idea general itching is a sign of liver problems.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Crazy bastards! They just called me to reschedule my appointment. This new moviprep is split right? Now they have me up at 2:30 to take this?

Now to juggle my five year old getting on the bus.

Top Bottom