Member Survey: Classifieds System Revamp

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classifieds system that did not allow users to reply to threads?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    The casual (non-disruptive) conversation within a classified thread is helpfull and is typically a healthy addition for the buyer and seller. The discussions generate interest, and when searched, an old for-sale add with visible comments is a pretty nice piece of archived info.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    +1 on the seperate WTB section, otherwise, leave it alone. I think we have one of the best classified areas of any site I go to. If someone has an outrageous price on something it won't sell. If they have a decent price set it will. It's that simple, at least for guns. Other items may not go as fast, but let's face it, we are here because we all love guns.

^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Also X10 on the SEPARATE WTB section.....one for COMPLETE GUNS and one for gun parts and AMMO in my opinion ;)

KT

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...keeping-my-Ruger-Mini-14-GB&highlight=Mini+14

That's a link to my ad when I was selling my Mini-14.

The question and comment about the magazines were both unnecessary.

All questions should be reserved for PMs.

JR1572

I cant see the original post, so I'm not sure if you specifically said there wasn't one included. If you didn't say that, many people would assume one was. IMHO its better to have a stupid question now, than a stupid assumption causing more problems later. If you restrict all communication to PMs I think it would slow down the progression of conversation.

I recently tried to buy something off the firearms classifieds, sent a PM and got absolutely no response. Another user asked if the item was for sale in the thread, and I explained what happened with me. If the situation wasn't configured like it is now, he, and any other user looking at the thread would simply be wasting their time PMing someone who posted and ran.

Personally, I love the current setup, its simple, easy to use, and generally works well(from my very limited experience). I think one thing that would help, would be to give the OP the ability and responsibility, to move their thread to another section after all items have been sold. I think this would clean things up quite a bit, as there are a lot of "damn just missed it" and "youre a lucky man" posts bringing sold items back to the top.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom