Members Beware!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AgentHead

Jan 13, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Norbert Saska "cajunzx6" agreed to purchase a shotgun from me back in January 2013. I sent him the firearm through an FFL in his area. He picked up the gun and never sent payment.
    After dozens of emails, attempted phone calls, texts and Paypal money requests, I still have not received payment. I'm in the process of attempting to have him prosecuted but $265.00 hardly seems worth the trouble as I am busy with two jobs and a family with absolutely zero time to deal with this headache that Mr. Norbert "thief/loser" Saska has provided me with. I apologize in advance if this post is out of line or in the wrong section of the forum. Just think people need to know this.

headspace

*Banned*
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Dang. Did you request payment first? Wondering if the FFL could have handled that part as well. I've never sold via the mail without first receiving payment via Paypal or money order. Well maybe once, on a trade, but from someone I'd dealt with already. We each agreed to ship the same day. Good luck and hopefully the guy will get right with you.

Last edited:

AgentHead

Jan 13, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Well part of it is my fault I suppose. I know better than shipping before getting payment but I spoke to this guy almost every day for two weeks trying to arrange it. He is ex military and a Louisiana country boy. We live over 4 hours apart and at one point had plans to meet up half way to do the deal but the FFL helped us out with the transaction and didn't charge us so I shipped it. We agreed to ship/make payment on the same day. He said he was having issues with his Paypal account the day I shipped it so I didn't think much of it. But yeah I got played. Honestly think he had intentions on paying but once he got the gun in his possession with the money still in his bank, he said screw it.

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I hate to sound like an ass... but when I deal in Mail I ask for payment first then I ship... and I ask members do the same with me... its a easier to deal with money then items if something goes bad thing.... But I believe that personal integrity comes first... kinda like Family first, to me its non-negotiable...

AgentHead

Jan 13, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I hate to sound like an ass... but when I deal in Mail I ask for payment first then I ship... and I ask members do the same with me... its a easier to deal with money then items if something goes bad thing.... But I believe that personal integrity comes first... kinda like Family first, to me its non-negotiable...

I couldn't agree more. I got complacent and that fact is evident by the outcome of the transaction. In my younger days I would have got his address and confronted him face to face with an ultimatum in the form of personal injury, but I'm too old for that s*** nowadays.

dwsonar

Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    Sorry you got burned, a thief is the worst. I guess I've been lucky with the transactions I've had with members here, they've all been great.
    I just wanted to add, it works both ways. Demanding payment before shipping, you may not get what you order.

carlosd321

Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Well part of it is my fault I suppose. I know better than shipping before getting payment but I spoke to this guy almost every day for two weeks trying to arrange it. He is ex military and a Louisiana country boy. We live over 4 hours apart and at one point had plans to meet up half way to do the deal but the FFL helped us out with the transaction and didn't charge us so I shipped it. We agreed to ship/make payment on the same day. He said he was having issues with his Paypal account the day I shipped it so I didn't think much of it. But yeah I got played. Honestly think he had intentions on paying but once he got the gun in his possession with the money still in his bank, he said screw it.

Man I dont know know how much help you would get from LE on the criminal side for this, IMO. I almost got scammed by those knuckle heads out of Florida a couple of years back so I know how you feel. Its a hard pill to swallow when youre left with telling yourself you knew better. Good luck to you

homeslice

Be honest.
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Sorry this happened to you man. But, I'd say $265 is a pretty cheap life lesson. Oh, and make sure you leave a negative feedback on his iTrader profile. For me, the iTrader score is 50% of my decision, the other is if any red flags go off during the negotiation. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Report the gun stolen.

That would probably end up in a false report since he willfully sent it to an FFL to have it transferred to the "buyer". That means that the buyer filled out a 4473 and legally took possession. He'll have to file a claim to get his money back, but the gun wasn't "stolen" as viewed by the ATF.

JNieman

Dush
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yes you could have done things better, but it's not your fault, if what you say is true. There are things you could do to make it safer for you, but

that changes nothing about the recipient being a thieving bastard, if what you say is true.

jmcrawf1

Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    That would probably end up in a false report since he willfully sent it to an FFL to have it transferred to the "buyer". That means that the buyer filled out a 4473 and legally took possession. He'll have to file a claim to get his money back, but the gun wasn't "stolen" as viewed by the ATF.

Exactly

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Good Point! There's so much diobolical crap that he could bestow on this thief.

Agent Head: Get creative. ;)

Taiaut

Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    $265.00 hardly seems worth the trouble as I am busy with two jobs and a family with absolutely zero time to deal

And that is why people get away with doing this. I would be his worst nightmare. Remember that it is only $265. to him too. How much misery does he want to put up
    with for $265. ? First thing I would do is knock on his door and get my gun back. No BS. Been there done that. It works. But you got to have some Kahunas.
    Meanwhile file a theft report. Not good for him to be in possession of a stolen gun. Good luck.

Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    With all the rhetoric about gun ownership and background checks, you may actually get some response from the local LEOs. Or, call a news station, say you were duped and you fear he's going to so something horrible. Of course, that may only be fodder for the left.

I'd go with contacting your and his local police department. Honestly I'd say it wasn't about the money, but the principal. And, if the FFL holder took possession and there was no payment, is there any jeopardy for his license? I'm still in the learning process for the specifics of FFLs, so excuse me if that was a dumb question.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom