memo sent to Washington, DC residents

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Hope this is not a repost. I got this friday's email from an action alert. Came out after The courts ruling.

PLEASE POST IN FORUMS AND BLOGS. GET THIS INFORMATION OUT TO RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS EVERYWHERE.

Action Alert: Washington DC Already Planning To Restrict Law-Abiding Citizens 2nd Amendment Rights
    The following is a memo sent to Washington, DC residents by Cathy Lanier, Washington, DC Chief of Police:
    Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:35 PM
    Subject: Supreme Court Update
    Residents,
    Unfortunately, the Supreme Court today struck down part of the District of Columbia's handgun ban. I wanted to drop you a note to let you know the immediate impact of this decision.
    The Supreme Court's ruling is limited and leaves intact various other laws that apply to private residents who would purchase handguns or other firearms for home possession. It is important that everyone know that:

• a.. First, all firearms must be registered with the Metropolitan Police Department's Firearms Registration Section before they may be lawfully possessed.
      a.. Second, automatic and semiautomatic handguns generally remain illegal and may not be registered.
      a.. Third, the Supreme Court's ruling is limited to handguns in the home and does not entitle anyone to carry firearms outside his or her own home.
    Lastly, although the Court struck the safe storage provision on the ground that it was too broadly written, in my opinion firearms in the home should be kept either unloaded and disassembled or locked.
    I will comply with the Court's reading of the Second Amendment in its letter and spirit. At the same time, I will continue to vigorously enforce the District's other gun-related laws. I will also continue to find additional ways to protect the District's residents against the scourge of gun violence.
    Residents who want additional information can visit the Metropolitan Police Website at www.mpdc.dc.gov/gunregistration. Residents with questions are encouraged to contact the Firearms Registration Section at 202-727-9490.
    Sncerely,
    Cathy Lanier
    Chief of Police
    Memo Source: WashingtonPost.com

Action Needed:
    Although Ms. Lanier and those in charge of the District of Columbia residents? safety are entitled to their opinions, I firmly believe that they are dead wrong in their interpretation of the Supreme Court?s ruling and the spirit of the ruling. I supposed that I could understand things from their point of view if they had one of the cleaner and safer cities in the nation, but we all know that is not true. I ask you all to call the Chief?s office, write a letter or email and let her know just how you feel about her memo.
    Washington, DC Chief of Police Contact Info:
    Email: Cathy.Lanier@dc.gov
    Phone: 202 727.4218
    Fax: 202 727.9524
    Mailing Address:
    Chief of Police
    Cathy Lanier
    300 Indiana Ave., NW
    Room 5080
    Washington, DC 20001

SigSauerP220

Rating - 0%