Memorial Day, photo says it all

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I took it to mean his words weren't about Memorial Day. His thoughts were more towards veterans, however Memorial Day prompted the internal musings, so he shared... And Hitman shared.

Fact is: for someone who isn't military but has had to deal with deployment, any pro-military holiday they are immediately going to think of their own. What matters is they get it. Deep down they recognize the truly important meaning. I wouldn't disagree with anything his dad said. Even about what it's about. Because in truth handling the fact he could have died is relative to this weekend and following Monday.

By the grace of God, his Memorial Day is far different than it could have been. D I think your dad was right on the money. No confusion at all about what Monday could have personally meant to your family. Something I think we all memorialize as a society until its one of yours. For many Monday is hell. Being slapped in the face all day every day this week, remember the fallen? Hell. There are no happy feel good bbq's or boastful claims of deceased great grandfathers.

For our current families, Monday is also a "what could have been". I think more than one parent will consider it. That's only natural human emotion.

Thanks for the Momma Perspective :D Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom