Memorial Day

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbo

La CHP Instructor #468
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Alexandria
    Semper Fi

US Marines 3rd recon 3 operational tours SE Asia "AFTER" the embassy! Brother was a tanker USMC '65 to "69-involved in Tet Offensive. Father WWII navy. Both uncles on Mom's side in WWII & Korea. One went to Vietnam (that's three wars). Family has documented 17 ancestors to the American Revolution and "EVERY" disagreement since! I guess we have social issues!!!!!

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    My uncle served in korea, US Navy, my dad did his twenty in the corps, Bay of pigs, burma, viet-nam two years etc. Thanks to all the brave people who provided or provide our freedom, because it isn't free!

whttnbrg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    I served 6 years in the Army, 11M Infantry, Desert Storm Vet. My little brother is serving now. Our Dad was a Corpsman in the Navy, serving aboard the Canberra during her last tour to Nam. Our Grandpa on moms side flew P51's over Europe during WW2. His Great-Grandpa was Admiral David F. Porter of Civil War Fame. On my Dad's side, the first family member we had in the US was a Hessian soldier that was wounded at Trenton NJ during the Rev War. He was nursed by a local family and married their oldest daughter and stayed to make a life here.

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    I served 70 to 73. My brother was in Nam when I finished my training and my whole class went to Nam except me. I wasn't aware of what research the military does and they sent me to Korea because I was sole survivng son. I wanted to go with my class so I tried to get my CO to pull a swap and get my Brother out and replace him with me, they wouldn't do it, purple heart recipient also. My Dad and Father in Law were both in WWII and both of them have Purple Hearts and Paw in Law also had a silver medal.

All 3 received military honors and military burials.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    One grandfather in 5th Mar.Div. wounded on Iwo Jima (deceased), one grandfather in 6th Mar.Div. wounded on Okinawa, step-father's dad was a tank crewman in European theater. I did 6 in the Marines(Res.).

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    The only man in my family that didn't serve was my grandfather. He was killed in a wreck.

Daddy, Uncles, Great Grandpaw all did and me too.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    grandfather's father
    Photo0647.jpg

Photo0644.jpg

grandfather's uncle
    Photo0645.jpg

not sure who this is
    Photo0646.jpg

or who this is either (picture says its in the phillipines)
    Photo0648.jpg

and then theres me
    dont really know of anyone else other than my uncle and my cousins.
    also grandfather on my mother's side served in korea in the navy

Last edited:

ABM

This is fargin' war
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Lafayette
    My father served in Korea, then posted to Germany and Italy after. One uncle in Vietnam, first as 11B then EOD. Does not talk much about it to anyone but me. Nephew Phil Jr. served in Iraq and is still in service now in Germany.

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    My father's father served as a Seabee in the US NAVY in Korea. It was there he was exposed to asbestos. He eventually developed cancer and it flourished in his damaged lungs and spread quickly to his brain. He died in 2003. My dad was in college during Vietnam, so he never served. I was involved in a car accident in my senior year of high school which disqualified me from my dream of serving in the Navy.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    mentioning that, I was on the road last night, about 9:40pm, when I heard this on Q93 in New Orleans (FM 93.3) :

Memorial Day is about the "true soldiers", those soldiers who have worked in our neighborhoods and streets: Martin Luther King Jr., Louis Farrakhan, Che Guevara, etc... and on and on..... I had to stop listening.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    mentioning that, I was on the road last night, about 9:40pm, when I heard this on Q93 in New Orleans (FM 93.3) :

Memorial Day is about the "true soldiers", those soldiers who have worked in our neighborhoods and streets: Martin Luther King Jr., Louis Farrakhan, Che Guevara, etc... and on and on..... I had to stop listening.

Why did you have it on Q93? lol

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville

dirty mother ****ers thats what "black history" month is for

the sons of bitches just wanna take over every holiday and make it theirs

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    was flipping through, heard the word "Memorial Day" so stopped to listen. After 5 seconds of listening I saw it was Q93

I have done that before. I will be flipping and hear a song that catches my ear......and then when the DJs come back on and open their stupid mouths I want to hit something. Some of the things that come out of their mouths are just absurd. Things that white DJs would and have been fired for saying about the black race.

columbo

La CHP Instructor #468
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Alexandria
    But....if you think about it....that is what Memorial Day is about....those who gave their lives so they could say anything they wanted. that is whether someone else likes it or not. just a thought.

Top Bottom