Memorial day?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    How's everyone spending their Memorial Day? I usually spend mine at the L.A. Dunes racing the ATV's, looks like a regular day this time. What about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    How's everyone spending their Memorial Day? I usually spend mine at the L.A. Dunes racing the ATV's, looks like a regular day this time. What about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I spent my Memorial day packing for a trip to Wisconsin. I had a lovely time. When I returned home after a week, we visited the orthopedic surgeon for pre-op. My daughter needed surgery. I'm happy to report for Labor Day, she'll be walking with a slight (barely noticeable) limp. We were all very happy because the last two months has been a very hard journey for her. To walk without aid, or without a limp was something she had been trying to achieve since July. :)

To make you feel better, I used to get Labor Day and Arbor Day confused in high school. :)

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Cat, glad to hear she's doing better!

I'm working tomorrow filing claims for Isaac. No AC or computers in the office either... Not looking forward to it.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Cat, glad to hear she's doing better!

I'm working tomorrow filing claims for Isaac. No AC or computers in the office either... Not looking forward to it.

She's still technically on a crutch temporarily because she was developing a ****-poor gait. But we went out Friday night and she wanted to leave it at home. From the living room to the back porch, she walked normal. Couldn't see any difference. I was behind her cheering silently. :D After about thirty feet though she'll get a gradual limp. But it's improving every single day. I think we'll have another four weeks of physical therapy, and he'll release her.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Entergy has promised to restore my electricity by then. As for Labor Day, I'll either keep cleaning up or I'll chuck it all and go to a swim and barbecue party at the club my brother manages.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    After about thirty feet though she'll get a gradual limp. But it's improving every single day. I think we'll have another four weeks of physical therapy, and he'll release her.

Physical therapists work wonders, but you have to follow directions.

Keep at it, Cat.
    :ohreally:

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Yep, "Labor Days", cleaning up since the storm! Burning debris for 4 days now! Was on the generator off and on for 4 days, took down the storm shutters & put them away. Blessed to have been spared serious damages this time around!
    Tired of Hot Dogs, and Spam sandwiches.

Top Bottom