Merle Haggard concert

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I'll be there! I got my tix a month ago.

I haven't been to a concert in along time and never ordered tickets online, they said the ticket went on sale today at 10am. So I got online yesterday looking at how to order them online and ended up buying two tickets. I didn't know you could buy them before they went on sale. I hope they are good ones.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "The Hag": One of my all-time favorites
    ctwitty.jpg

:D Okay, I couldn't resist....:rofl:

Seriously- my brother wanted me to go but I was on call and couldn't manage to weasel out of it.....

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Last time I saw him was at the back 40 in Folsom. I have always liked Merle ,but that show was terrible. He did about 3 songs after being 2 hrs. late ,then let his ex-wife Bonnie Owens do several songs . Folks were asking for their money back as they were going out the gate.

That was the last concert the back 40 had at that location. When George Jones was there a year before that ,he put everything he had into that show.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    "The Hag": One of my all-time favorites
    ctwitty.jpg

:D Okay, I couldn't resist....:rofl:

Seriously- my brother wanted me to go but I was on call and couldn't manage to weasel out of it.....

I know its a joke......but was the joke in that its Conway Twitty in that pic?

Another great in my book.

Bryan

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2007
    Hammond, LA
    Last time I saw him was at the back 40 in Folsom. I have always liked Merle ,but that show was terrible. He did about 3 songs after being 2 hrs. late ,then let his ex-wife Bonnie Owens do several songs . Folks were asking for their money back as they were going out the gate.

That was the last concert the back 40 had at that location. When George Jones was there a year before that ,he put everything he had into that show.

I was at that show. Got pissed because he was so late. Started drinking. Was happy because he finally showed up. Got pissed because the show sucked. Drank more and forgot about it. I'll never forget that one.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Saw him at a show in Broussard (Lafayette area) back in th late 70's. And he was pudry old then! But the show was GREAT - it was the last stop on a tour and they played for 3 hours then Johnny Paycheck showed up and they jammed another hour. It was a small place and we were about 6-8' off the stage. Brings back memories.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I know its a joke......but was the joke in that its Conway Twitty in that pic?

Another great in my book.

Yes, that's all I had today. :o :chuckles:

And yes- he was indeed one of the greats, as is Mighty Merle. CT died way too young. Who knows how many more hits he would've had if things had played out differently? Indeed one of the all-time greatest- and one of the most loyal fan followings.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yes, that's all I had today. :o :chuckles:

And yes- he was indeed one of the greats, as is Mighty Merle. CT died way too young. Who knows how many more hits he would've had if things had played out differently? Indeed one of the all-time greatest- and one of the most loyal fan followings.

I saw CT at LSU years ago.

RopeS

WANTED
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    SE MI
    Merle was up here in MI last July 17th and I went to see him. (I will say I might have been the youngest there, at 27) It was a great show, but fairly short. He sang most of his old hits. Still sounded good despite his age, cancer, etc. It was a privilege to see him in person before another legend passes.

Top Bottom