Met Bruce from Swamp People

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My wife and I were in Bass Pro today, and just so happens he was there signing autographs! Nice dude. Anyone else met any of the cast?

photo1-1.jpg

Stan Le

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Amelia, La
    Albert "Butch" Knight from the first season is a friend of my dads and I went to school with his son's....and I've hung out a little with T-Mike before in Lafayette

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    hes one that does it full time, the others just do it on the side like most others.. Bruce has a real farm..

truthfully, gators dont roll like that unless they are prodded or really in pain.. its damn near torture to get them to do it..
    Troy is a NDE inspector for a few folks..

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Funny, a few months ago I saw him at Bass Pro just shopping around in the knife section. He wasn't wearing a shirt then. Nobody bothered him.

Stan Le

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Amelia, La
    hes one that does it full time, the others just do it on the side like most others.. Bruce has a real farm..

truthfully, gators dont roll like that unless they are prodded or really in pain.. its damn near torture to get them to do it..
    Troy is a NDE inspector for a few folks..

They death roll to rip apart their kills into smaller bits...

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    My wife wanted to go meet Troy when he was there a few weeks ago. When we pulled into the parkinglot, every space was taken and people were parking on the street and in the Hooters parkinglot. The line was out the door and wrapped half way around the building. No thanks.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Who are those dudes standing next to Bruce? They look like the stars of the next Saw 7 movie being filmed in Podunk.

For some weird reason I like the "Swamp People" shows. I've gotten tired of Ice Road Truckers and others but not the Swamp People.

I guess us Loozeeanneeuns can relate to our local swampers.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Who are those dudes standing next to Bruce? They look like the stars of the next Saw 7 movie being filmed in Podunk.

For some weird reason I like the "Swamp People" shows. I've gotten tired of Ice Road Truckers and others but not the Swamp People.

I guess us Loozeeanneeuns can relate to our local swampers.

I don't know who the people are but I can tell Bruce is only wearing one boot

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    My wife wanted to go meet Troy when he was there a few weeks ago. When we pulled into the parkinglot, every space was taken and people were parking on the street and in the Hooters parkinglot. The line was out the door and wrapped half way around the building. No thanks.
    HAHAHA dont feel bad he lives right up the road and I never see him..... might run across him in the swamp this year though!!!!

Not4Hire

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My son wanted to meet Troy and Jacob Landry at Bass Pro about 3 weeks ago. I got there an hour before the appointed time, thinking I would be in good shape. Wrong. We stood in line for 3.25 hours (what a Dad will do for his son), and when we got up there to shake his hand, both Troy and Jacob were as genuine and nice as if you were the first person in line. While my son was impressed with meeting them, I was impressed with their patience.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My son wanted to meet Troy and Jacob Landry at Bass Pro about 3 weeks ago. I got there an hour before the appointed time, thinking I would be in good shape. Wrong. We stood in line for 3.25 hours (what a Dad will do for his son), and when we got up there to shake his hand, both Troy and Jacob were as genuine and nice as if you were the first person in line. While my son was impressed with meeting them, I was impressed with their patience.

I had some friends that went and they said the same thing. Troy & Jacob were very nice to everybody and that acted like the had just gotten there.

cottonmouth

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    never met any of them but love the show and always felt like Troy and Jacob would be the nicest and most genuine in person. and the way Troy acts reminds me so much of my step dad, i couldn't help but like them from the start

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    THere was a rumor here that they...Troy and Liz + some were at Delta Downs for a meet and greet and got really drunk and made a mess, however that is the ONLY negative I have heard on them and thats probably rumor b/c my SIL and another friend who work there say they heard nuttin. I love all the Swampers...but I'd stick up a 7/11 and steal a Ford to skip town with Liz

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    T-Mike raises snakes too. We built him a couple custom cages for the snakes he sells in their gift shop at the farm.
    He will also be vending at a reptile show we have coming up in Lafayette

Phr0st

Whats a custom user title
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    Believe it or not I've known this guy most of my life. My grandfather used to work at the same alligator farm (Klieberts) for years when I was a child. Also know lots of other people who worked there too like Mike, T-Mike, and Mr. Harvey. All good guys. If you ever go to the farm and talk to any of those guys and ask about Pap Jacob(my grandfather) I'm sure they'll tell you some tales. I have a flier from way back in the day with my grandfather on the front of it. If I find it I'll scan and post it up.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom