Met Dan Aykroyd today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zig500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    st francisville
    He was signing crystal head vodka today in New Orleans he is pretty cool
    002_zpsea5a58ff.jpg
    001_zps3eeb2f43.jpg

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I got some of that for Christmas. One of the steps in the distilling is running the vodka through a diamond filter. It is pretty smooth.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Very cool. He's a classic.

I'm happy to hear he's not an *******.

I cross paths with all kinds of people in my line of work. For the most part, "famous" ppl just want to be as anonymous as any of us. Respect that and it's all good.

Politicians on the other hand.....I've never met one that didn't leave me feeling like a rape victim. There ain't enough soap or hot water to wash that stink off of you.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Love Dan, he is awesome! Ghostbusters, Blues brothers, blues brothers 2000, coneheads, trading places, Celtic pride . So much awesome

Last edited:

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    When I was living in CA I was a bartender at a place called "Madeo". it's a 5 star restaurant that was very popular with the movie/TV star set so I met a lot of them. Most were just normal ppl doing a job. Some were total asses some were really great.

Top of the great list was Angela Lansbury. She was a hoot. Bawdy and classy at the same time. They used the restaurant in an episode of "Murder She Wrote" and she came in for dinner occasionally.

Top of the ass list is a tie between Howie Long and Don Johnson. I wouldn't **** on either one of them if they were on fire.

Glad to hear Dan's one of the good ones.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    From what I am told, he spends a lot of time in Louisiana. I bumped into him at least 3 times over the last 10 years in the Downtown Lafayette area.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    From what I am told, he spends a lot of time in Louisiana. I bumped into him at least 3 times over the last 10 years in the Downtown Lafayette area.
    Damn, apparently I went to all the wrong places, or he was never around downtown in the day time. I used to work in the downtown area, until we moved the office to the other side of the Oil Center.

I don't go downtown too often at night time. Last few times I did, it was too many stupid kids, and too many Bros. BRO. BRO, my beer, BRO. Not much of a place to go for a chill night for blues or jazz or anything that doesn't attract douchebags.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I heard he's putting the band back together.

ETA: He must have lost some weight. Last I heard he was really big for awhile.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Damn! He looks alot better there then when I saw him on TV at another function a few months back.

And Donna Dixon? What is it with these woman that refuse to old naturally? It doesn't even look like her!

edrodhdfb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Zachary, La
    I seen him in New York at the Big Smoke Cigar Show. He had an awesome table setup with two skull ice sculptures. They were drilled through the head and mouth so they could poor the Vodka in the top hole through a funnel and you put your cup down by the mouth to catch your shot.
    The Vodka is actually quite good!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom