Meter reader maced my M-I-L's dogs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Was having dinner with my Mother-in-law the other day and she tells me that the Entergy meter reader (some young kid) came by and was spraying her dogs with pepper spray. They have 3-9 month old Australian Shepherd-Chocolate lab puppies on their property. All are penned and there is no way they could have reached the reader. They were probably barking at him, I didn't ask her, but could not have gotten to him in any way.

I told her she should have gone out and stopped him there and asked for his supervisor. She told me 1. She thought he had a "right" to mace them. 2. She was afraid he was going to mace her too.

She didn't even call the company until her husband told her that she had a valid complaint.

Guess I'm just venting,

Some people

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Obviously a case of "SWaT cop dressed as a meter reader" doing a look see for weed plants on the property. LOL

I would have whipped his ass like I was babysitting him.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Set up a lawn sprinkler...next time he comes have an unfortunate timing issue

Much of a confrontation will cost you...not the shithead pimple faced maggot meter reader

Or hire a " stray " pitt

LOL.....spray this

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    If you keep a large protective breed, please be responsible enough to call the utility company and request a "radio reading" style meter where possible, or offer to PAY to have the meter relocated outside of the protected zone. There's only so much that readers can deal with and get the job done. I have a Doberman (inside) but she pinned the Entergy meter reader against the back of my house one day while I was off work and reading the paper on the patio. She didn't hurt him thank God, just scared him (and me). I called them and they took care of the request. Either that or they hired Spiderman to read my meter each month.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I worked 20 plus in the AC service field, in many, many, many...did I say many? situations I had to work around peoples dawgs...99 % of the time I was good friends with the mutt and the people when I left , If someone wants to be in the biz of entering peoples private space then that someone needs to be flexible to a lot of situations...or be a whiner...:ghey:

It always made me sick when I heard other techs cry about a dawg,... man up jello boy..it's a dawg...straighten out that limp wrist and fix the peoples ****

:bravo:

Last edited:

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Previous readers knew that they needed to approach the house from the other side where they could read the meter from a distance with binoculars. I could have sworn they told me that it was in the "notes" section for her address. Never had any aggressive dogs there just some labs in the past who are now gone and these pups are their replacement.

PrairieCajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    I guess up in 'da big woods, ya'll don't have Ghetto Pitts that are trained to eat law abiding and law enforcement folk. I've been bitten twice and still work in the utility industry (not in the field any longer, done my time outside) They chain 'em to the water meters and electric risers in 'da hood here to keep the "meter man" from shuttin' things off. No whining and I've got the scars to prove it. Thugs are pricks and don't care about getting sued. "Not my dog" Spend the money to fight that in court to get your medical bills paid by a welfare recipient and then they know where you live. Can we say "drive by"?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I got home one day and Saw my fence gate open and a half naked man standing in the gate area wet and screaming and obviously shaken..

he was there supposedly to check the water meter which IS out front by the road.. my 52 lb border collie mix had caught him and scared the **** outta him and torn his pants off keeping him pinned until someone got home..

I have a radio meter and have signs up saying the dog or guns, YOU DECIDE.. call me.. and list my #... but there was NO reason for that guy to be back there , now I lock it..

PrairieCajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    I got home one day and Saw my fence gate open and a half naked man standing in the gate area wet and screaming and obviously shaken..

he was there supposedly to check the water meter which IS out front by the road.. my 52 lb border collie mix had caught him and scared the **** outta him and torn his pants off keeping him pinned until someone got home..

I have a radio meter and have signs up saying the dog or guns, YOU DECIDE.. call me.. and list my #... but there was NO reason for that guy to be back there , now I lock it..

HAHA!! Careful with your sign, but that's good. :rofl:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I read my own meter on the 12th of every month and email it to DEMCO. I didn't want them in the yard with Max and they didn't want to be there either. :)

Max
    100_0764Small.jpg

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I read my own meter on the 12th of every month and email it to DEMCO. I didn't want them in the yard with Max and they didn't want to be there either. :)

Max
    100_0764Small.jpg

If you look at the top of the steps you'll see his toy all he cares about is that toy. Just ask my sister, he sent her to the hospital when she came into the fenced yard and messed with his toy.
    She should have visited more often and he would have known her.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I guess up in 'da big woods, ya'll don't have Ghetto Pitts that are trained to eat law abiding and law enforcement folk. I've been bitten twice and still work in the utility industry (not in the field any longer, done my time outside) They chain 'em to the water meters and electric risers in 'da hood here to keep the "meter man" from shuttin' things off. No whining and I've got the scars to prove it. Thugs are pricks and don't care about getting sued. "Not my dog" Spend the money to fight that in court to get your medical bills paid by a welfare recipient and then they know where you live. Can we say "drive by"?

I always have dawgs in the yard, hell, everybody out here has dawgs in the yard, our meter readers are used to it and theres never a problem

We have one who carries an ugly stick rod...his attitude along with the stick makes him able, the other guy is a young man who isn't afraid of dawgs

But neither of these guys are aggressive..they walk slow, talk to the mutts, read the meter and leave

Just sayin, if ya gotta spray my mutt be real sure you can convince me it was necessary...meter readers, like the po po out here , realize their routes of travel in and out of the area, there is an amazing amount of respect for others in our little world.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA

You are being unreasonable Sir! Do you honestly expect a meter read to actually be able to read............That's probably why your untility bil is always too high!! :rofl::rofl:

Top Bottom