Might get some new toys

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    My grandpa died earlier in the year, and he had some guns. I'm not sure exactly what all he had, but my dad says its a few shotguns and rifles, and I know at least that he had a collection of black powder kit guns that he used to assemble as a hobby because he kept them in a case on the wall.

Anyway, my grandma is still alive and so she had the guns. I didn't want to ask my dad about them because I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get my hands on my dead grandpa's stuff, but it looks like I might get some of the guns soon, thanks to my deadbeat uncle and cousins.

My grandma's house was burglarized, and everyone suspects my drug addict cousin, so my dad went and took all the guns he could find from the house for safekeeping. Now he has them, and though he has to split them with his brother (the one who isn't a deadbeat), his brother might not be too interested in many of them, and my dad doesn't really care about guns. That being the case, I'll probably end up with any of them that they don't want, which could be most of them.

I don't know how many guns we are talking about here, but I'll be sure to post pictures and descriptions when I get to see them. I may be needing all of your help to identify/value them, and if there are any that no one wants to keep my dad will probably have me sell them so we can use the money to help my grandma. If that is the case, I'll probably come here first to sell any guns of course.

I'm probably posting prematurely since I won't get to look the guns over for probably a month, but when you hear news like "you might get a whole bunch of guns" it is hard not to share.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, my family divided up my grandpas guns when I wasn't there. He is still alive, they are just prepping the old house to sell since it is way too big for to people in their 80's.

Well my dad in all his wisdom took two side by side hardware store shotguns and a 16 gauge Winchester shotgun that has been to hell and back and my cousin ends up with his 38 Colt Revolver from the 191X's. NONE of them have an interest in guns, I am the only one in the family besides my two grandfathers that has an interest in firearms. My grandfather bought all my uncles and my dad Remington 1100's one year and my Dad was the only one not to sell it, but he has only shot 40 rounds through it in 30 years. I would kill to see what else got divided up. My cousin has no interest in this gun, its sickening.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Tradition in our family has been the oldest son get's all the gun's...No one split's up the collection...period...
    So when my youngest sister wanted a couple for my then 14 year old knotheaded nephew...I went and bought him a couple of new gun's...and gave them to my sister...Let her keep tab's on ''his'' new gun's...She no longer ask's about getting any of dad's gun's...

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Yeah, my family divided up my grandpas guns when I wasn't there. He is still alive, they are just prepping the old house to sell since it is way too big for to people in their 80's.

Well my dad in all his wisdom took two side by side hardware store shotguns and a 16 gauge Winchester shotgun that has been to hell and back and my cousin ends up with his 38 Colt Revolver from the 191X's. NONE of them have an interest in guns, I am the only one in the family besides my two grandfathers that has an interest in firearms. My grandfather bought all my uncles and my dad Remington 1100's one year and my Dad was the only one not to sell it, but he has only shot 40 rounds through it in 30 years. I would kill to see what else got divided up. My cousin has no interest in this gun, its sickening.

BUY IT!

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Ok, got to take a look at the guns on chirstmas. Not sure what I'll be getting my hands on in the long run, but most of the guns are, IIRC, made by a company called Jukar out of Spain. Not sure what the rest are, but I suspect classic arms kits.

There is a single shot percussion pistol, a .36 cal percussion revolver (not sure exactly the type, I think like a Colt Army reproduction), a pepperbox, a philadelphia derringer, a smoothbore "cutlass" pistol, and a percussion rifle that I'm not sure about, but it looks like a Hawken rifle or similar.

I can't find much about the Jukars on the internet, so I'm guessing they aren't made anymore. Does anyone have any experiences with these? Are they junk, or are they decent? If/when I actually get ownership of them I'll post pics and more detailed descriptions.

Top Bottom