Militia members take over federal building

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    1st off 2 good reads on the links to the whole story.
    I do feel that they were being pushed off their land.
    2nd off I hope how one desires to dress never ends up as a crime. This morning I was dressed in my dads old 1962 OD Field Jacket with the hood {have the quilted liner in} I had the neck unzipped with the hood on my head and blue jeans. I was warm as all get out. It is Mint Condition. serves 2 purposes
    Keeps me warm! And two was used by my dad when he served this country! One of the things glad now have now that he is gone.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Back to the subject at hand, when I was much younger and a lot better shape I used to ride off road. Read Dirt Bike Magazine every month, this was in the early 1980's. They would have a few articles about the BLM and land grabs out west. It really had an impact on where the public could go ride, or run dune buggies and three wheelers back in the day. The magazines stance was that the land belonged to the people, not the government. People taxes and the government should work for them. If I remember correctly we are talking about millions of acres of land. I'm sure it has gotten worse with the size of our current government structure. Funny how this has really never gone away?
    As for as the "militia" I read today they wanted other "groups" to join. Looks like wrong place wrong time to make a statement, no one else is going to jump in. I my self get tired of government over-reach, I figure sooner or later this would happen. I just pray there is no "shoot out" like Waco. That would be the worst thing that can happen.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Don't know if this is true but worth looking into I guess:

Ranchers who inspired Oregon standoff 'abused 16-year-old relative'
    http://dailym.ai/1MQTlwS
    via http://dailym.ai/ios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF true, then the perpetrator should be prosecuted.

That being said, consider the source. The Daily Mail is know more for sensational headlines that cold hard facts. Considering the factually incorrect information in the article and the reports by the family that the "victim" is not mentally competent makes me question the validity of the facts. That is not to say that it shouldn't be investigated, if it hasn't been already.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    The media will get tired of covering this story and move on to something else. When the militia quits getting news coverage, they will go home.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Don't know if this is true but worth looking into I guess:

Ranchers who inspired Oregon standoff 'abused 16-year-old relative'
    http://dailym.ai/1MQTlwS
    via http://dailym.ai/ios

I'm not sure but I think that's the same kid that the prosecution used as witness against them at trial. The defense made all kinds of weird claims about he was a twisted up and troubled kid and also about how the prosecution had coached him. The family also said they did not blame the kid for anything he said and still greatly cared about his well being. I have barely scratched the surface in reading up on the original trial, but the whole thing is starting to smell.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I can't believe the Feds haven't put an end to this yet.

They won't. The people are occupying an abandoned building and the town people are mostly on the side of the government as far as wanting them to leave. All the government has to do is wait them out. Now, if they had taken over a government building in the middle of a major city then they might take some sort of action.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The point wasn't his fashion. The point was they have a clown trying to run the show.

You would be better off beating your head against the wall rather than getting some people to use common sense.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    They won't. The people are occupying an abandoned building and the town people are mostly on the side of the government as far as wanting them to leave. All the government has to do is wait them out. Now, if they had taken over a government building in the middle of a major city then they might take some sort of action.

+1

Why waste manpower when these idiots will inevitably give up? At least it's keeping the media busy.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That's the same **** the feds fell back on to bolster their position at Waco.

Oh yeah, you mean the perfectly sane guy on the compound. I think he also had fully automatic weapons also, I could be wrong though. The government was enforcing the law but made a silly decision to use the force they did with kids in the compound.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom