Militia members take over federal building

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I see that you really seem to focus on the "character" of the people instead of the "cause" of the people. To a certain extent that's a pretty shallow approach wouldn't you say?

Bodyguard of militiamen Cliven and Ammon Bundy poses as U.S. Marine
    http://dailym.ai/1SAghHX
    via http://dailym.ai/ios

A few of your patriots

The guy in the picture is a little overdressed for the situation.

Don't know if this is true but worth looking into I guess:

Ranchers who inspired Oregon standoff 'abused 16-year-old relative'
    http://dailym.ai/1MQTlwS
    via http://dailym.ai/ios

Here's another tip, if Jon ritzheimer is backing you then you are being a douche bag.

And if a civilian wearing this is one of your spokesman, LEAVE
    0893dee08c1615cf10100f268df7a6e5.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I see that you really seem to focus on the "character" of the people instead of the "cause" of the people. To a certain extent that's a pretty shallow approach wouldn't you say?

So you would follow a cause even if the leader was bat **** crazy?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    So you would follow a cause even if the leader was bat **** crazy?

Not necessarily, but when discussing the topic on an internet forum, if all you focus on is "who's" there and "what" they look like....then that's shallow and sort sighted, imo.

The "cause" and "what" the Feds/BLM are doing is what matters "most" and is what we should be discussing, imo. And all I've seen from this particular poster is character picking and discussion on whether or not the Feds will raid them.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I won't deny that I focus on the people involved in any cause. I will not take up a cause with a bunch of dumb asses. The only thing I see lacking in this discussion is the usual "wish I could protest but I have a job" comments. See where I'm going with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Then I'd assume "all you see" is a BS member judging this "bundy group's character" instead of discussing "the bundy group's cause" as well, right?

I see a bunch of BayouShooter members that I don't trust and a few that I do. If you're dumb enough to support a cause run by idiots, then go for it.

The only thing I see lacking in this discussion is the usual "wish I could protest but I have a job" comments. See where I'm going with this.

We already had that.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Not necessarily, but when discussing the topic on an internet forum, if all you focus on is "who's" there and "what" they look like....then that's shallow and sort sighted, imo.

The "cause" and "what" the Feds/BLM are doing is what matters "most" and is what we should be discussing, imo. And all I've seen from this particular poster is character picking and discussion on whether or not the Feds will raid them.

Im glad to see you are actually reading my post and hope you will learn something from them. My first lesson to you would be to not follow causes led by dumb asses because it makes you guilty by association.

Just A Number

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    By law, arson on federal land carries a five-year mandatory minimum sentence. When the Hammond's were originally sentenced, they argued that the five-year mandatory minimum terms were unconstitutional and the trial court agreed and imposed sentences well below what the law required based upon the jury’s verdicts. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, however, upheld the federal law, reasoning that *given the seriousness of arson, a five-year sentence is not grossly disproportionate to the offense.* The court vacated the original, unlawful sentences and ordered that the Hammonds be resentenced *in compliance with the law.* In March 2015, the Supreme Court rejected the Hammonds’ petitions for certiorari. Today, Chief Judge Aiken imposed five year prison terms on each of the Hammonds, with credit for time they already served.

So, sounds legit, not like some retroactive reasoning just to punish them. A "JURY CONVICTED", Maybe they should have had a better defense attorney. These people are no different than the ones that riot after a person gets a no bill from a grand jury. These guys had a trial. A dozen folks from that part of the country decided they arsoned up the place.

This is what happens when the rule-of-law is undermined, dismissed, or otherwise ignored... ESPECIALLY if such violations are committed by those in power. It's not supposed to be just the ones you like. You don't get to choose which laws you're going to enforce, and which ones aren't "fair," or "not who we are as Americans." I don't support such lawlessness at all. But I do understand the causation and frustration that makes these guys seem like they are doing good works against "the man.". However, it's for a dubious cause, an unclear purpose, and stands to harm all of us on the behalf of two dipshits who broke the law as verified by a jury of their peers and who have made a point of distancing themselves from the Bundy clan. All this fight the power ******** in support of some deadbeats tenants (Bundys) who leased land then didn't want to pay for it. This is the white rural version of the Furgeson riots...you guys might want to think about that. These guys are neither domestic terrorist, yet, nor are they modern day minute men.

If they intend a peaceful demonstration, why the guns? Their right to self defense is nullified to a large extent by their actions that place them in the position where they might fear force being used against them. This is not a government assault on their homes, but rather the opposite, the government is being assaulted by them. In my mind, you give up your right to be armed when committing a crime. That this is a crime is not really in dispute. They have occupied land they have no legal grounds to occupy, being there interferes with the lawful use of that land by the lawful owners and causes alarm, they have stated they are staying and attempt to move them will be resisted. How many of you were howling for the police to clear the interstates when it was the black lives matter folks doing it? They were wrong and these guys are wrong. You can't have your rule of law cake and eat it too.

Now it may be a "victimless crime" at this time, but it's still wrong. What's next? taking over military facilities...peacefully, of course? Or maybe a nun and a priest or two sneaking onto a DOE facility? How about if this was a group of armed, peaceful muslims angry about immigration? The corollary to Ferguson has already been drawn. Are we more sympathetic to these thugs because they are white? Because maybe we harbor some resentment about how things are going in our country? If so, then you agree in principle to all the riotous shits in Baltimore and Missouri, and Cleveland, and Chicago, and... If lawbreaking is nullified because of *feelings* then we are all screwed. Way to make a real issue with Federal land rights into a clown show. :thumbsup:

By introducing the guns to the equation, they are raising the stakes purposefully and muddying the waters.This is only a second amendment issue because they are attempting to make it one, thus recruiting support for their cause, which is not necessarily the cause of others. The place to defend that right is ultimately on your own land, not another's where you are acting illegally. The Federal Government has no obligation to forfeit use or possession of it's land, for any amount of time, to an armed temper tantrum.

Again, peaceful protests are fine. But bringing weapons with you when committing crimes is not. Not at this point, and not over this issue. If the Bundy Bunch's actions are reasonable, as a means to express their outrage and grievances, likewise reasonable, in their own context, are the actions of trespassers at nuclear facilities or neighborhood CVS and shoe stores.

BLM might be a horrible agency, but what is the actual relevance in this situation? I mean the Hammonds broke the law and were/are being punished. How did BLM wrong them, not discounting other BLM wrongs. You can argue, rightly perhaps, that the mandatory minimum sentence in this case is foolish and inflexible. But you can't cogently argue it was unusual based on case law.

Furthermore, If you want to use this as your club to beat the BLM, the federal government, the prosecution or the Easter Bunny, you should look harder at what they are doing. There may be other cases or situations with real facts or intellectual arguments which merit further speculation, but this isn't it. There's a reason the Hammond's have disassociated themselves from the clown-show who are occupying a birdwatching station as their "hill to die on". They actually made a reasoned decision based on honest facts, events and circumstances.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I won't deny that I focus on the people involved in any cause. I will not take up a cause with a bunch of dumb asses.

Like I said, "To a certain extent" only focusing on the character is a shallow approach b/ that in no way has any bearing on "why they are upset"...for instance, there are many idiotic groups who "support the 2nd Amendment", yet we'd all "support the cause" which would be to support the 2nd Amendment while simultaneously not agree with "how" said idiotic group runs. At some point, we should actually focus on "the Why" or "the cause"...that's all I'm pointing out in this case.

I see a bunch of BayouShooter members that I don't trust and a few that I do. If you're dumb enough to support a cause run by idiots, then go for it.

Again, You don't have to "like" these idiots, or even really support "how" they are doing things. But to ONLY focus on "THEM" is shallow. "WHAT" they are upset at seems more important...to me anyways.

Im glad to see you are actually reading my post and hope you will learn something from them. My first lesson to you would be to not follow causes led by dumb asses because it makes you guilty by association.

lol

What would I be "guilty" of? Agreeing with them that the Feds/BLM is acting immorally and out of control? Cuff me!

If you are against "why they are upset" which is what I mean when I say their "Cause", then I would say you either (a) Support what the BLM/Feds are doing or (b) Haven't given much thought to what is going on.

I'd be curious to see which it is with the both of you.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Read the post above yours, Just A Number summed it up.

The guy we are making fun of, is a known moron, and so are his friends. Dressing up in full Multicam is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    By law, arson on federal land carries a five-year mandatory minimum sentence. When the Hammond's were originally sentenced, they argued that the five-year mandatory minimum terms were unconstitutional and the trial court agreed and imposed sentences well below what the law required based upon the jury’s verdicts. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, however, upheld the federal law, reasoning that *given the seriousness of arson, a five-year sentence is not grossly disproportionate to the offense.* The court vacated the original, unlawful sentences and ordered that the Hammonds be resentenced *in compliance with the law.* In March 2015, the Supreme Court rejected the Hammonds’ petitions for certiorari. Today, Chief Judge Aiken imposed five year prison terms on each of the Hammonds, with credit for time they already served.

So, sounds legit, not like some retroactive reasoning just to punish them. A "JURY CONVICTED", Maybe they should have had a better defense attorney. These people are no different than the ones that riot after a person gets a no bill from a grand jury. These guys had a trial. A dozen folks from that part of the country decided they arsoned up the place.

This is what happens when the rule-of-law is undermined, dismissed, or otherwise ignored... ESPECIALLY if such violations are committed by those in power. It's not supposed to be just the ones you like. You don't get to choose which laws you're going to enforce, and which ones aren't "fair," or "not who we are as Americans." I don't support such lawlessness at all. But I do understand the causation and frustration that makes these guys seem like they are doing good works against "the man.". However, it's for a dubious cause, an unclear purpose, and stands to harm all of us on the behalf of two dipshits who broke the law as verified by a jury of their peers and who have made a point of distancing themselves from the Bundy clan. All this fight the power ******** in support of some deadbeats tenants (Bundys) who leased land then didn't want to pay for it. This is the white rural version of the Furgeson riots...you guys might want to think about that. These guys are neither domestic terrorist, yet, nor are they modern day minute men.

If they intend a peaceful demonstration, why the guns? Their right to self defense is nullified to a large extent by their actions that place them in the position where they might fear force being used against them. This is not a government assault on their homes, but rather the opposite, the government is being assaulted by them. In my mind, you give up your right to be armed when committing a crime. That this is a crime is not really in dispute. They have occupied land they have no legal grounds to occupy, being there interferes with the lawful use of that land by the lawful owners and causes alarm, they have stated they are staying and attempt to move them will be resisted. How many of you were howling for the police to clear the interstates when it was the black lives matter folks doing it? They were wrong and these guys are wrong. You can't have your rule of law cake and eat it too.

Now it may be a "victimless crime" at this time, but it's still wrong. What's next? taking over military facilities...peacefully, of course? Or maybe a nun and a priest or two sneaking onto a DOE facility? How about if this was a group of armed, peaceful muslims angry about immigration? The corollary to Ferguson has already been drawn. Are we more sympathetic to these thugs because they are white? Because maybe we harbor some resentment about how things are going in our country? If so, then you agree in principle to all the riotous shits in Baltimore and Missouri, and Cleveland, and Chicago, and... If lawbreaking is nullified because of *feelings* then we are all screwed. Way to make a real issue with Federal land rights into a clown show. :thumbsup:

By introducing the guns to the equation, they are raising the stakes purposefully and muddying the waters.This is only a second amendment issue because they are attempting to make it one, thus recruiting support for their cause, which is not necessarily the cause of others. The place to defend that right is ultimately on your own land, not another's where you are acting illegally. The Federal Government has no obligation to forfeit use or possession of it's land, for any amount of time, to an armed temper tantrum.

Again, peaceful protests are fine. But bringing weapons with you when committing crimes is not. Not at this point, and not over this issue. If the Bundy Bunch's actions are reasonable, as a means to express their outrage and grievances, likewise reasonable, in their own context, are the actions of trespassers at nuclear facilities or neighborhood CVS and shoe stores.

BLM might be a horrible agency, but what is the actual relevance in this situation? I mean the Hammonds broke the law and were/are being punished. How did BLM wrong them, not discounting other BLM wrongs. You can argue, rightly perhaps, that the mandatory minimum sentence in this case is foolish and inflexible. But you can't cogently argue it was unusual based on case law.

Furthermore, If you want to use this as your club to beat the BLM, the federal government, the prosecution or the Easter Bunny, you should look harder at what they are doing. There may be other cases or situations with real facts or intellectual arguments which merit further speculation, but this isn't it. There's a reason the Hammond's have disassociated themselves from the clown-show who are occupying a birdwatching station as their "hill to die on". They actually made a reasoned decision based on honest facts, events and circumstances.

Bravo. I agree with this post 100%

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Like I said, "To a certain extent" only focusing on the character is a shallow approach b/ that in no way has any bearing on "why they are upset"...for instance, there are many idiotic groups who "support the 2nd Amendment", yet we'd all "support the cause" which would be to support the 2nd Amendment while simultaneously not agree with "how" said idiotic group runs. At some point, we should actually focus on "the Why" or "the cause"...that's all I'm pointing out in this case.

Again, You don't have to "like" these idiots, or even really support "how" they are doing things. But to ONLY focus on "THEM" is shallow. "WHAT" they are upset at seems more important...to me anyways.

lol

What would I be "guilty" of? Agreeing with them that the Feds/BLM is acting immorally and out of control? Cuff me!

If you are against "why they are upset" which is what I mean when I say their "Cause", then I would say you either (a) Support what the BLM/Feds are doing or (b) Haven't given much thought to what is going on.

The problem is some people refuse to see the ill-legitimacy of what the BLM has been doing in the western states. They refuse to focus on the fact that the BLM has been systematically, unilaterally, and in many cases without due process outlawing ranching by regulation and land confiscation. And in the case of the Hommonds the BLM has done a 1000 times more burning of public and private land with out warning indangering the lives and lively-hoods of the people of Eastern Oregon. But hey rule of law. Right? Even though the laws are corrupt and unfair designed to stack the deck against us.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Oh and seems like their is another thread of BS that is getting some attention that has to do with unilateral regulation and how they are trying to chip away at our rights, but hey because its about guns we perk up and listen. These poor folks have been systematically put out of business for decades by the same type of overreach and its just rule of law.

So tell me folks when the feds regulate your gun rights down to thd point were you can no longer own a weapon and be legal what will you say then.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and seems like their is another thread of BS that is getting some attention that has to do with unilateral regulation and how they are trying to chip away at our rights, but hey because its about guns we perk up and listen. These poor folks have been systematically put out of business for decades by the same type of overreach and its just rule of law.

So tell me folks when the feds regulate your gun rights down to thd point were you can no longer own a weapon and be legal what will you say then.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

- - - Updated - - -

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! That's all I'm hearing in these posts

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! That's all I'm hearing in these posts

I rarely insult someone directly especially over the internet because its kind of a douche move to talk **** from the safety of a computer screen but you are an idiot!!

A nudge here and a nudge there is how the BLM has been able to steal the west (the blm owns more than 50% of the land in the western states) from the families who have been there for over 100 years. Call it death by a 1000 cuts. Call it the Nudge theory or call it the overton window.

See the goal of progressives is total control of a society but they know they cant just sieze power in one foul swoop or you end up with a blood bath, so they nudge here and they nudge their and some times they float the idea of a shove so that the public will willingly scoot over, all this for so called noble causes like save a turtle, save a fish, save the childern, save the planet. The ultimate goal is to get the public to believe the government is the master and we serve them.

Again your an idiot or a dirt bag who gets his rocks off through exerting power over people, if you cant see how this is the case.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I rarely insult someone directly especially over the internet because its kind of a douche move to talk **** from the safety of a computer screen but you are an idiot!!

Again your an idiot or a dirt bag who gets his rocks off through exerting power over people, if you cant see how this is the case.

:rolleyes:

Easy there brochacho... This could get ugly

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    And if you think I'm nuts on this death by a thousand cuts being a tactic that is used today go look up what the presidents plan for the coal industry was.

He doesnt want to just shut them down he wants to make unprofitable to be in thd coal industry so the owners and shareholders will be forced to give it up. Sounds like death by 1000 cuts to me.

Oh and ask a gun store owner about thd outragious credit card fees they pay and try to find out why.

Top Bottom