Millet DMS-1; 1-4x24 Scope Review

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I bought a used Millet to slap on an AR I recently purchased. Well when I got home I started checking it out and it seemed to me slightly cloudy. Not too bad but I thought maybe it had some smear on the lenses. Well I put a mild Dawn soap solution on a soft cotton rag and cleaned the lenses. This did help some and I thought that it probably was good enough. Well for what ever reason I truned the scope around and looked through the objective lens and if I did not try to focus on the reticle in the scope just kinda look in it I could see some fuzz. It was defenately internal. Well I decieded to give Millet a call and see if they would take a look at it.

Well they guy on the phone was really nice and gave me the address to send it in and said usually they would like $10 for return shipping. I told him I had bought it used and he said the warranty was just for the original owners but say that I talked with him in a letter explaining the problem and state that I could wave the fee. He said that if the repair was going to cost me anything I would be contacted before service was done on the scope and to expect a 4-6 week wait. Well two things about that kind PO'ed me, the $10 for return shipping was waived but usually you do have to pay that, and him stating that the warranty only applied to the original purchaser. Here I am thinking well you warranty a product kinda, and Millet usually wants me to pay shipping both ways for your product that does not preform as advertised. I thought to myself, well this is why I usually buy Leupold or better glass (Lifetime warranty, no questions asked) and this is a lesson learned but I figured I would just wait and see how things turned out.

Well about 2-3 weeks later I get a brand new scope in the mail free of charge. The glass on this one is certainly clearer than the previous scope and good enough for what purpose it is going to serve. I took it to the range the next day and quickly was on target. My last 3 shots at 100 were all almost touching. So 1/2 MOA at 100 on a AR good enough. The glass might not be as crisp as some higher dollar models but for my purposes they would have been way past the point of diminshing returns price wise.

So I was happy with the service and got better turn around time than expected. When I called the Millet 1-800 # I got a Bushnell rep and I sent it to a Bushnell address. Did Bushnell buy Millet or was Millet started by Bushnell? Anyway I was happy with the out come and do not have the bad taste in my mouth about them as when I got off the phone.

A side note I shot a friends .308 with the 4-16x50 Millet on it and it certainly is good enough for hunting. I/we did not shoot a box with it so I cannot speak on how positive and accurate the adjustments are. However, it did hold zero with shots 1 and 3 touching and shot 2 not far off.

Last edited:

zander

Aug 6, 2009
    Thanks for the review. I have been thinking of getting one of these for my AR. What type of mount did you use?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom