Miscreants casing my place.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Approximately at 8:15 last night, walking home from Red's, I spied two adolescent males in my apartment complex riding and walking around. What was suspicious was that I'd never seen them before, and they circled around a Volkswagen Bug from the 1960s parked in the area. They then headed down the sidewalk to my unit, where they circled a large black truck, and took a very long gander at the sawhorses and other pieces of construction equipment next to my unit, noticing the adjacent one has a large gap in the fence where the repairs are underway.

Needless to say, I was not happy at all. I began to follow them as this occurred with a very angry glare, but from a distance. The pair darted down a hallway onto Gayle, a neigbooring street in back of the complex with some residential houses opposite. The pair made off at a brisk pace, looking back to see me quite angry, arms crossed, watching there every move. A car parted them as it sped down Gayle, and they vanished.
    Near my unit the twosome stopped to have a look at mom's Jetta, the truck, and the fence that had been moved by the construction crew so repairs can be done to the exterior wall.

The miscreants were young, no older than sixteen; another tenant that saw them ten minutes earlier said they were about twelve. One had a dark red shirt and tan cargos, somewhat broad shouldered, walking briskly along with his Razor scooter-mounted friend, brown hair, dark navy-hue shirt with grey lettering on the front, and dark OD-color pants. The two were both white males, and disappeared into the residential neighborhoods off of Mayard.

I searched the whole if the complex for them. Looks like the angry glare worked, but be advised if you see them in the Lafayette area around Doucet and Johnston. This did not look like two ignorant kids. They took note of the weak points and vehicles around my unit.

Be advised and keep your eyes and ears open this summer as dumb kids choose to do stupid things.
    Keep lighting and a camera handy also. Mine was charging, so no photos of this little cretins.

Gonna see about getting a light for carry; the LED Maglites seem nice, and are familiar. It would have helped identify them and scare them off.

This whole affair lasted about fifteen minutes, but the time when I checked it upon coming in was 8:50. This may be due to my searching the complex for them. A perimeter search revealed nothing.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    get a Streamlight PT 1L. Ive carried one for almost a year now and i use it everyday. its awesome. They're available locally at Barneys.

scaled.php

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    You lost me at why didn't you drop out of sight and observe?

I was. I was about twenty feet away as this occurred. I approached to that distance as the pair were moving, and weaves into another hallway leading to the side street to assure they knew this is the wrong house. The whole time I was far enough away to not be too close, but could still see the little suckers.
    One of the neighbors is a detective, and he knows about it. Let them try to break in. This place is crawling with gun owners and police.

Last edited:

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I was. I was about twenty feet away as this occurred. I approached to that distance as the pair were moving, and weaves into another hallway leading to the side street to assure they knew this is the wrong house. The whole time I was far enough away to not be too close, but could still see the little suckers.
    One of the neighbors is a detective, and he knows about it. Let them try to break in. This place is crawling with gun owners and police.

I wonder how they would have reacted if you pulled your phone out and snapped a picture of them. They wouldn't know that it wouldn't have been a good picture.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Good question, Huntsman. Being kids, who knows? They likely would have run, but kids these days are not what they were even five years ago; they will harm you gerviously for the mere thrill. God forbid they attempted to do anything stupid. It is a waste to see youth spent in juvinille hall.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Good question, Huntsman. Being kids, who knows? They likely would have run, but kids these days are not what they were even five years ago; they will harm you gerviously for the mere thrill. God forbid they attempted to do anything stupid. It is a waste to see youth spent in juvinille hall.

I'm not beyond slumping over and acting like a zombie...

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Were skittles and iced tea involved? If not, you're good to go.

Seriously thought, there is no way to keep them away if they have their eye on your stuff. If they know the system they know they can't be touched if they are just "looking". Just keep your eyes open. You already let them know you're watching.

Top Bottom