Missouri turns Post-Katrina N.O. after teen death by LEO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Hey Friends! Isn't that the friend of the guy he called friend in the video where he referred to his friend as a friend and as friends were just minding their own business?

Go back and look! I think he took his black accomplice shirt off for the interview!

Yep...sure looks like the friend. Oh...such a gentle giant.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Soo the clerk calls 911 and the officer gets a description, OR sees the video...

this is starting to come together alright.

"We wuz just walkin n mindin our bidness" mhmm, after just having committed a felony.

Yep, him and Trayvon weren't doing anything wrong. Well, until they were doing something wrong. But before that they were golden.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    IMG_20140815_172104.jpg

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Jarvis Deberry supports the rioting in a response this morning to a readers comment:

Blacksheep82
    I do not understand why people riot? Are we not protesting violence? But we are creating more violence?

Jarvis DeBerry, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    1 hour ago

@Blacksheep82, I don't know of a better response than the one King gave when he called riots "the language of the unheard." It's an expression of anger by people who believe - rightly or wrongly - that it's the only way they'll be paid attention.

But I will point out that the history of riots indicate that most have resulted in response to perceived police brutality.

People feel fed up. And they erupt.

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index....e_in_ferguson_are_f.html#incart_most-comments

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Jarvis Deberry supports the rioting in a response this morning to a readers comment:

Blacksheep82
    I do not understand why people riot? Are we not protesting violence? But we are creating more violence?

Jarvis DeBerry, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    1 hour ago

@Blacksheep82, I don't know of a better response than the one King gave when he called riots "the language of the unheard." It's an expression of anger by people who believe - rightly or wrongly - that it's the only way they'll be paid attention.

But I will point out that the history of riots indicate that most have resulted in response to perceived police brutality.

People feel fed up. And they erupt.

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index....e_in_ferguson_are_f.html#incart_most-comments

He is most definitely making excuses for the rioting criminals, but I give him credit for at least still answering some of those comments. I am sure the really good ones have been censored though. :mamoru:

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ok the law left them alone last night, what happened? The same stupid crap as before. Stealing everybody's stuff! Ok answer me this. What is law enforcement going to do if this were the whole country and it was wide spread. It gives the bad guy the incentive to go out and commit crimes. Wonder what they are going to do tonight?

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    From what I understand, many of these rioters are ppl that have come in from outside the community just to steal, destroy, and raise hell for local authorities.
    The LEO in charge said that no armored tanks or gas will be used tonight while enforcing the curfew....hahahaha....lets see...if/when the **** hits the fan again on the streets and LEO's are outnumbered or in danger...you will see the gas start flying!
    Three officers where cornered In a parking lot last night and were in trouble....they had to deploy gas...and have a armored vehicle come in to get them out safety....WTF!?!?

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Perhaps those involved at the top are realizing this country is a primed powder keg and believe a large militarized police force is the best way to stay at the top when things go south. I wonder what the convictions are for these police officers. The us vs. them mentality does wonders for the rationalization of otherwise unacceptable actions. I've always wondered what my own response as military would be if ordered to quell civilian rioting a la 90s LA riots. I'd like to think I have an uncrossable line, but I imagine that line really is quite fluid in the moment.

You can thank these two below for the militarization of modern police forces. They alone showed ALL of America's police where they were vulnerable and unprepared. It did not go unnoticed!
    Divide and conquer. There are many paths to the endgame. Militarizing the police is one, which of, what better way to circumvent the posse comitatus. I am against the militarization of police because if it is bad enough for military tools/tactics, it is bad enough to call in the national guard and some of the police depts around the country probably out power the NG. I am not against them having the proper gear to do their job, but certain jobs are above them. The pretender himself stated a force equal to or stronger than the military which the police depts fall under the chain of command and not part of the posse comitatus. The police are their pawns whether realized or not and will be used against the public. What is bad are some of the ones being hired. Some of the combat veterans that are highly aggressive and itching to get into a conflict with whomever they want to seek them on. I am not against veterans being hired by no means. One of the reporters at St.Louis witnessed as such either before or after he was shot with a rubber bullet and had to flee. This reporter was a prior Sgt. in the service. Things like this are going to become more frequent as time goes by because it is what is wanted. Marshal Law is right before the endgame. Call me crazy if you like, but the trend is there and I have been watching it for over 40 years.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Maybe their plan is like Katrina. If they riot & pillage till there is no more to pillage through, They may have the opportunity to ship them off to a neighboring state.
    Its amazing that these people don't realize that burning down the forest is writing your own destruction.

[ :cool: Man, I'm hungry. Lets go get some chicken ? :confused: A burger ? :eek4: Anything ? :( Never mind, :shocked: the car is on empty ? Now what do we do. I wish they would hurry up and get me my check so we can get out of here.]

jim48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Kenner, La
    "Early Saturday morning, before sunrise, a fragile peace was shattered when looters again targeted neighborhood businesses while law enforcement in riot gear largely looked on without intervening. http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/16/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html

Here we have "Law Enforcement Officers" standing by while the Law is broken right in front of them. Certainly per order from higher up. I have no problem with LEO that 'hold fast' in formation. I was in service and worked for the Feds. I have following orders I detested. It is the policy I question. I wonder and sympathize about the unit commander that stands there and watches and requires his troops to 'hold fast'. I detest the politicians issuing the orders requiring this.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    As more facts are being collected, these are coming to life. Local interviews, carefully examining all of the cell phone video ( especially the back ground audio, where locals don't realize their voices are being recorded by the person shooting video next to the yet facing the opposite direction:

Here is the story they are confirming right now, this gets good and makes total sense.......

..............And then Michael just bum-rushes the officer and shoves him back into his car. Punches him in the face and them Darren grabs for his gun. Michael grabbed for the gun. At one point he got the gun entirely turned against his hip. And he shoves it away. And the gun goes off.
    Well, then Michael takes off and gets to be about 35 feet away. And, Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, “Freeze!” Michael and his friend ( the one seen in the the gas station video) turn around. And Michael taunts the officer… And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing the officer. He just started coming at him full speed. And, so he just started shooting. And, he just kept coming. And, so the officer really thinks he was on something.” (link)
    Focusing in on the aspect that “Big Mike” Brown initially shoved, then scuffled with the cop, then a shot fired at the vehicle, then he ran, then he doubled back toward Officer Wilson:

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/08/new-e...ubled-back-toward-police/#SOAMROP8vRElo8yz.99

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Now that this has us Distracted..................... What's the word on the Border ?:run:

It always seems to happen this way , doesn't it ? This administration has figured out that when they start to hammered over one of their many screw ups , all they have to do is lay up and wait for the next crisis to come along and all will be forgotten .

Top Bottom