Model 1 complete upper AR15 kit...questions.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If you you are going for a budget AR, lots of members have had good experiences with Delton. I have never heard of anyone having a good experience with Model 1, not that it hasn't happened before.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I have several Model 1 builds,in 762, 6.8 and have built several 223s for friends. I also have built one 223 del ton for myself and several for others Quality fit and finish is a little bit better on the M1 in my opinion, I also noticed that in 223's, the m1's grouped better than the deltons with 55gr ball ammo. IN my 6.8 with an 16"barrel, It shoots under an inch, usually .75 @100 with my handloads. I also noticed that the m1's bores cleaned with less work, which is usually an indication of bore finish.

As far as reliability, I never had reliability issues with either and they both shot well, but I recomend m1s over del ton.

billy82269

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    DeQuincy, LA
    My Model-1 pistol upper came with everything ordered, seems put together well but the gas staking looked like they didn't put enough force behind the punch, I went back over them myself, other than that it seems ok. Some say they use bolts that tend to break, but mine came with a Colt marked bolt.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd say Model 1 and Delton are about on par with each other. Model 1 does have better barrels though, IMO.

Regardless what you go with, there's not a whole lot that can go wrong with an AR. Make sure the gas key is staked properly, upgrade the extractor ($5 here, and stake your castle nut. Chances are it will run like a champ.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Why not just buy a plum crazy lower, than an upper from pretty much anywhere? JSE Surplus for example, will give you one hell of a deal, especially if you get something in their blemish section.

I spent about 750 on the AR I'm putting together, its a loki patrol upper on a plum crazy lower.

Mr.Green

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Watson La
    I went with a stripped spikes tactical lower got in it in today, my next question is what would be a good lower part kit, or does it really matter? I've been reading alot and spikes, dpms and rockriver keep coming up. I'm thing of keeping everything spikes tactical but need a little advice.

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    You can get a spike lower at Jim's Firearms at $150...little pricey for a lower. But if anyone gets intouch with essential arms please let me know, I think they got washed away with the flood, but their answering service still works. :chuckles:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom