model 27

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDC_PAIN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    New Roads,LA
    Hello all,

I might be making a deal for a Model 27 Smith and Wesson 357 . But as I looked at the photos I am seeing rust and I have never dealt with rust on a fire arm. I know rust is bad in metal but how much does it affect the value of this piece ?

Any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 27-1.jpg
      27-1.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 132
    • temp.jpg
      temp.jpg
      125 KB · Views: 121

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I would look at the gun in person if you can. If you've ever shopped used cars from photo's, like on craigslist and such, you know the camera makes it look better. It always looks worse in real life. Not saying don't buy it, just be ready for it to look worse than the photo.

lowriderfxr

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Lake Charles
    The problem with that Model 27 is the after market Parkerizing - type finish that was put on it, much more so than the rust. This will greatly adversely affect the value. Don't be fooled by the big prices being brought by 3.5" 27s these days. That gun only has value as a shooter. Some folks wouldn't want it at any price. I'm not running it down, it may be a great shooter, but it should be priced accordingly.

BDC_PAIN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    New Roads,LA
    Thank you to all of you. I am thinking I will pass on it as I dont like the Rusting and makes me wounder what else was not properly taken care of no reason to drive 3 hours to end up with nothing.

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    I saw this posted for sale a while back, and thought about it for a shooter. It was a good drive for me too, just to go and check it out. From the pics I saw, it seemed to be an extremely rusty/pitted gun, at one time, that someone had coated. Not too bad for a shooter, but I started thinking about how the bore may look like a gravel road. So I passed on it. If it had been closer, I would have had a look at it.

BDC_PAIN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    New Roads,LA
    Hes asking $500 but I was going to trade him a pistol I had untill I got all these pictures and saw all the rust spots and It hit me it was likely a bad deal to drive that far and probably end up leaving without making a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dusty84
    Top Bottom