Model 94 30-30

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have an opportunity to secure a model 94 tomorrow for what I think is amazing deal (under 300). Anybody know anything about these? Had a chance to finger it (LMFAO) for a minute but didn't get a good date or serial number area. I know the older ones are worth quite a bit if in good condition (pre 64 I think?). Action felt ok, Blueing was ok with a few spots of surface blemishes. the only real issue I could see in the 10 seconds I could touch it for was the trigger. It felt loose, had a little wobble in it. From what I could see it looked like there was only one pin for the trigger. Anyone know if this sounds "normal" or can be repaired easily? I know absolutely nothing about these so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know if it's pre 64 or not. But I'm going for it anyways. Why not. Making sure I get bill of sale with ID copy as well even though it's from the "friend of a friend" who is supposed to be trusted. Trigger play felt slightly above what I'd consider normal.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    If it stop eject its ok, if it's angle eject its great.
    Slop in the trigger and lever is normal for a pre '64.
    The '64 and earlier lock up fairly tight.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I've got a 73 top eject I bought from a member on here, it's a rattle trap but it's a blast too shoot and is accurate as I am.

cvinson

We the People...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Bought a post 64 a while back as a project gun. Was in rough shape. Put a little work into it, and it turned out to be a really nice shooter. You will have a blast with it.

Top Bottom