Monarch 115 grn 9mm 20 cents per round

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tekkaman_tnt

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2023
    Westwego

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Covington Academy had a healthy amount on the selves. A 1K less shortly after inspecting their inventory.
    Looks like the sale runs ends Jan 14th?

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I’ve shot a good bit of monarch 9mm as well as 223 and 5.56. Never had an issue with it. To my knowledge all of the brass cased ammo sold under the monarch name is made by PPU.
    FWIW my boxes state made in Brazil.
    It's just range ammo for me. If I do my part and it can ring a plate I'll be happy with it.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    FWIW my boxes state made in Brazil.
    It's just range ammo for me. If I do my part and it can ring a plate I'll be happy with it.
    I read its made by CBC or the company who owns Magtech and a **** ton of other firearms and ammo factories
    Unless something has changed from last month to this month since around 2020 it’s a good bet all brass cased “Monarch” ammo is coming with a PPU stamp on the case.

The 200 round “battle packs” of 9mm or 5.56 come in ppu boxes. It’s wrapped with a thick green plastic and labeled Monarch in stores. I’ve read different things online about who makes it but anytime I’ve ever purchased any it comes with PPU headstamps.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    The pic of the case does not properly represent the color. It's monotone and the color of the second pic. Heading to Honey Island tomorrow to see if it goes bang.
    RANGE UPDATE All 250 rounds went bang. Instead of buying fireworks I invested in more ammo.
    FWIW the range was very lively today.
    z1.jpgz.jpg

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Capital one is doing 6% back on their Savor One credit card at academy too.
    Because they hope you don't pay it off in time and they can bust you on the interest and fees. They don't offer that because they love you, or they watching out for your family. Savor interest rates below ↓ 30% int max, wow! That used to be labeled usury 25 or 30 years ago. Run up 4 or 5K $ balance, then bust you on monthly int and principle. If you pay off in full before the due date, then yes, you are golden. Sometimes they offer you 12 months interest free, hoping you run up to your credit limit on the card, then its on. Banks routinely operate with a 20 or 25% net profits in a quarter, or annual returns. I've read their annual financials quite frequently. A few of them > 25%. I hold shares of BAC, they hit 30% net profit payable to shareholders some years. 2021 was a banner year for them. Bank of America

"The ongoing APR is 19.99%-29.99%, Variable APR. 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months; 19.99% - 29.99% variable APR after that; balance transfer fee applies."

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Just re-read the Capital One financials on line. 2021 was a banner year for them too. 38% net profits to shareholders for the year. For a comparison, walmart might return 2 or 3% net annual profit. Huge sales volume but very slim margins. Amazon is similar.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    2021 = people under quarantine (covid), sitting @ home spending money ordering sh*t on line. Frequently spending money they don't actually have.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I just picked up 2 boxes. It shows ship to home is OOS, but it was ready in the store in about 15 minutes.

I went in yesterday looking for this too. At $60 and it was OOS, or in another location.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom