Monarch Steel Case

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Anyone else have any problems with the steel cased Monarch .223 ammo and hard primers? I bought a box at Academy for $5 to try and I'm getting a solid indentation from the firing pin but no bang. I ran one round through again and it fired after the second hit. Tried some Federal 5.56 with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I've only purchased Monarch twice...and also had FTF on one or two. Never again.
    However, I have shot approx 500rds of TulAmmo steel case(9mm & .223) and it has been great for some cheap priced russian steel. If your gonna go steel case, I'd go Tulammo or Wolf.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Thanks for the replies. I don't plan on buying it again. I talked to a friend today that had same problems with FTF in his Sig. Thought maybe my mix master home build was the culprit.
    Oh well, I'll stick with freedom munitions for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I used to shoot it all the time, but that was when it was under $3/box at academy. Never had any problems. Shot thousands of rounds of it, probably 80% 7.62x39, but never had any issues with any of it. Guess quality has fallen off.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've had nothing but problems with the monarch 9mm and .223.

Tula and Wolf run fine through my AR and Freedom Munitions does well in the Glock.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    In the past, I've used monarch with good results. Runs fine out of my M&P15. Also ran a few through my sig556 just fine. Freedom munitions, I have experience with their 115gr, which for plinking does fine, but notice larger groups than what I normally shoot (federal and american eagle). The 147 gr, was smokey, and didn't cycle my 9mm ar reliably.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Ive never had a problem with steel. The only gun i have that does not like it is a franken Ar with a DD midlength upper. Runs brass all day long, short strokes steel. Ive tried just about everything, running a carbine weight buffer, magazines, etc...

Sent from an unregisteted mobile device.

Top Bottom