Money saving tip

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    This time of year, many restaurants run a promotion where if you buy a gift card you get one free. The wife and I ate a favorite restaurant last night and I bought a $50 gift card and got a $20 card free. We use the gift cards ourselves and we just got twenty bucks of free meals! We eat there 2-3 times a month so the cards come in handy.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This time of year, many restaurants run a promotion where if you buy a gift card you get one free. The wife and I ate a favorite restaurant last night and I bought a $50 gift card and got a $20 card free. We use the gift cards ourselves and we just got twenty bucks of free meals! We eat there 2-3 times a month so the cards come in handy.

Is this a local place?

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    As far as gift cards go, don't be afraid to go online and submit a legitimate complaint. The larger chains may respond to your feedback with a gift card. I sent an e-mail to Olive Garden griping because when I ordered a pasta dish that had shrimp, the tails were still on. That's so inconvenient to have to dig shrimp out of a sauce-soaked dish to remove tails, and honestly, I'm not cutting the tail off and giving up on the part left behind in the shell, I paid for the whole shrimp! I can't maneuver deftly enough with a fork and butter knife to remove the shell without losing what's in it, and shouldn't have to. How much is gained for presentation of the dish by leaving the tails on, really? In response to my complaint, they sent me a $30 gift card. I didn't ask for money back or gripe to the waiter who just serves the food, and the e-mail was very non-committal about changing recipes/presentation across the board, but for taking the time to give them the feedback, they ponied up thirty bucks, which I thought was pretty cool indeed. I would never suggest lodging bogus complaints just to get free stuff, but if you have an honest complaint and take the time to voice it, it could work to your benefit.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

This is what my parents have done at Texas Road House for years...works well!

Top Bottom