Mosin Nagant M-38

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcoaster

Rating - 98.4%
    125   2   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Slidell Louisiana
    Pick this M-38 UP from Bud's Gun all matching # and original M-38 stock.Bore was bright and shine.1943 IZHEVSK
    BiCsmgbl.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Hey , I recently picked one up just like that.. Shot 5 yds in a wooded area behind the house just to function test. And yes, I make it a point to ALWAYS wear hearing protection because they are a BLAST to shoot.

[Pun Intended] :cool:

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    She looks gorgeous! I love my M-44. Those short carbines put out a 2-foot fireball! Much more fun than the 91/30. Which scope mount did you go with?

jcoaster

Rating - 98.4%
    125   2   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Slidell Louisiana
    .No. just punch out the two pins on the sight and put mount on and replace srews instead of pins.you can still use sight up to 200m. Still waiting on scope,can,t wait to shoot. Scope is a NcStar 2-7X32 long eye relief (pistol).

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    .No. just punch out the two pins on the sight and put mount on and replace srews instead of pins.you can still use sight up to 200m. Still waiting on scope,can,t wait to shoot. Scope is a NcStar 2-7X32 long eye relief (pistol).

Any idea how well that scope will stand up to the recoil?

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Cool.

Dave

jslj11244

Big John
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Jefferson Parish
    Had the bolt done by Max Sheperd @ Mosin bolt repair Mosinbolt@gmail.com

Around 50 bucks and quick turn around. Its the new archangel stock for the Mosin. I ordered it in March and they are just starting to send them out. But make a search and you will find a place much cheeper than what I paid. I paid 200 but they will be available for around 150. They come with a 5 round mag. but you can order the 10 round extra. I couldn't believe how the timey trigger actually made the bolt work alot smoother not to mention the light trigger pull. I have the rock solid scope mount on it

Last edited:

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    Had the bolt done by Max Sheperd @ Mosin bolt repair Mosinbolt@gmail.com

Around 50 bucks and quick turn around. Its the new archangel stock for the Mosin. I ordered it in March and they are just starting to send them out. But make a search and you will find a place much cheeper than what I paid. I paid 200 but they will be available for around 150. They come with a 5 round mag. but you can order the 10 round extra. I couldn't believe how the timey trigger actually made the bolt work alot smoother not to mention the light trigger pull. I have the rock solid scope mount on it

Max Sheperd is awesome and so is that Timney trigger. Now I'll have to order that archangel stock!!!

jslj11244

Big John
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Jefferson Parish
    some websites are taking orders and it might take awhile to get. I bought mine from pro-mag they are the ones that make them. However I ordered mine on th 15th of March, but they just started shipping in May. Just make a search and you will find a couple of web sites that are waiting for them to come in. and they wil be much cheaper around $150. Also extra mags are much cheaper than geting them from Pro-mag. Try http://www.shtf-gear.com/ I have a couple mags. on order from them and I think they will be getting the stocks, also mid-way is getting some. And if you spend a few min on the internet I am sure more are waiting for them to come in also.
    Good luck

gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    Any idea how well that scope will stand up to the recoil?

I had one on a 91/30. It was fine. I worried more about the scope mount. Them ebay cheapo 10 dollar mounts wouldn't hold a zero for 1 stinking shot! Put on a Brass Stacker see thru mount, and never lost it's zero again.

Top Bottom