Mosin Nagant trigger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skimmerhead

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    i have two nagant rifle's, a 91/30 and an m44. i was wondering if anyone had any advise on doing some work to the trigger's, such as adding a spring and a shim to remove some slack in the trigger, polishing the trigger parts, anything to improve the trigger. any advise would be welcome, thank's
    skimmerhead

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    The Fins developed a two-stage trigger for them, I had a fin and what it was, was two rollers on the trigger were it connected to the spring and it made the slack turn to a nice take-up with a good break, it was also just a drop in for any other rifle, Look up Mosin nagant M39 trigger to see it, there are some kits with a spring that do the same thing but the finns did it simply and effectively. You can also shim the area were the trigger spring is screwed onto the receiver with some shreds of pop cans, and a light polish on where the trigger release the bolt doesn't hurt, just don't do to much of a polish otherwise if the rifle is smacked on the butt it could release the bolt and fire a round if its in the chamber...

skimmerhead

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    i'll check into that fin trigger, in the meantime i'm trying to decide which rifle to use as the crash dummy. thank you
    skimmerhead

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    I've heard that huber concepts makes a good trigger similar to the Finn trigger. I got my Timey trigger on my M91/30 and I love it, well worth the $90. Its adjustable, breaks well, no slack, and adds a safety. My T53 has a nice smooth trigger and breaks well compared to the original M91/30, though I'm not sure why. There are videos on youtube about polishing and shimming the trigger, you could do that first and if its not enough move on from there. I think the huber trigger is $60ish, but I've never used that one.

Last edited:

Josh Smith

Hoosier
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Hello,

The Huber is a long single-stage pull, NOT like the Finn trigger.

Try this instead of an M39 trigger:

Here is a trigger I modified while taking time to record the manufacturing process. Please bear in mind that this is during manufacture and it does not yet have grease or bluing on it.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I may manufacture these one day if I can find an insurance provider that doesn't ask crack-smoking prices to insure the product.

These cannot be patented as a very similar product, the Finnish M39's trigger, has been around since at least 1939!

Even if this were patentable – a doubtful prospect as I said – I'm throwing the design into the public domain so that it cannot be patented due to a preexisting specimen.

If I get the time and the insurance to make these, I will. If not, somebody with a drill press and a few other tools along with a bit of skill is more than welcome to make them. My feelings won't be hurt.

As I said, this is a Finnish idea that I just improved on a bit.

This trigger will give you a pull that is better than a military Mauser's. Very smooth first stage with a very crisp second stage.

Regards,

Josh

Top Bottom