mosin rail mount question..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Im looking for a gunsmith in Lafayette or NOLA surrounding areas to drill, tap, and mount a Rocksolid Industries rail mount on my sporterized Mosin. A competent smith that does good work and has fair prices is preferred. Suggestions? Smiths? let me know..Thanks.

PS: if anyone has pics of aftermarket rails mounted on their mosin, please feel free to post!

I want this:
    http://71.18.205.90/images/myimage/MN_mount.jpg

So I can put this:
    http://www.barska.com/Sniper_Scope-4-16x50_IR_Sniper_Scope_by_Barska_Green_Ir_mil-dot.html

ON THIS!!!:

lt_jango

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    FRENCH SETTLMENT
    i endded up doing mine on my own but when cabelas had theres go on sale for 99 the person who sold me mine sold me the one with the bent bold so i got the sniper model of the mosin nagant for 99.99

do2gomike

Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    lafitte,la
    Rcm192, I know the full rail work is pretty expensive I went the scout scope way instead I ordered a rail from s&k mounts those folks specializes in making mounts for military surps rifles that's if u want to go that route. All it requires is a long eye relief scope I have a burris ler scope and it works perfect

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    99 for a sniper! holy ****! that a good enough deal just to but it for the bolt handle! hmm its deff and option to go w the long eye relief but i really like the traditional look of a scoped rifle. If you couldnt tell im also goin for the poor mans sniper rifle lol. but thank you guys for the input

Keep the comments commin!
    Bump

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    i made a trade offer w someone for this rifle, so hopefully if they want it ill make another or just get a stock M44, but if not shes getting dressed up!

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    i drilled and tapped a mosin nagant one time. just once and the metal was so hard on it that i don't think i'll ever volunteer to do one again. it came out nice and all but i would recomend anyone doing one to spot aneal the metal first if they know what they're doing heat treat-wise.

Top Bottom