Mossberg 500 Flex

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishunter

fishunter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Central, LA
    Thinking about purchasing a Mossberg 500 flex shotgun. I am very familiar with Mossberg shotgun. Got my first and only shotgun a New Haven 600 (which back then was a nice version of the Mossberg) in 1966 for my 12th christmas. That is the only shotgun I have ever hunted with. Did purchase another barrel, the 28" modified had a rough time getting some of those squirrels out of the tops of those tall pine trees, so I got me a 30" full choke that did the job. The New Haven I have is only chambered for 2 3/4' shells, so I was thinking about getting the 500 flex for the 3 " chambering and I think it would be nice to have the home defense barrel. I was wondering if the stock and other interchangeable parts hold their fit after multiple changes. I know my old Mossberg New Haven had been through quite a bit of use and a few hard knocks and it still shoots as good at the first day I shot it. Can't lie there may be a little slack in the forearm and slide. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    I own a 500 FLEX and I change out from the tactical stock to the pistol grip almost every time I go to the range. The "connectors" I guess you can say are made from metal/steel and hold pretty well and pretty sturdy from what I can see. I havent put enough rounds through it to actually see major wear on it though, I hope this helps.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom