Mossberg 930 SPX .... Explain

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    i went with the masses and ponied up for a Benelli M2 Field in 21"
    and am loving the choice so far... my next choice would've been the Versamax...

I think you would have been very disappointed.
    The QC @ Big Green has been well documented on the VM on shotgunworld.com
    and abroad.

I too almost got one, but was turned off by all the owners saying
    how great Remington Customer Service was for replacing their VM, sometimes more than once :eek3:

Bought a Beretta, haven't looked back,
    have NOTHING to say about their Customer Service b/c I've never needed them. ;)

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    I think you would have been very disappointed.
    The QC @ Big Green has been well documented on the VM on shotgunworld.com
    and abroad.

I too almost got one, but was turned off by all the owners saying
    how great Remington Customer Service was for replacing their VM, sometimes more than once :eek3:

Bought a Beretta, haven't looked back,
    have NOTHING to say about their Customer Service b/c I've never needed them. ;)

i'm quite content with my Benelli... you know what they say "buy once cry once"
    though, i would love to buy a gas shotgun in the future... i mean, shooting full power 1600fps slugs out of the M2 isn't my idea of repetitive fun. not to mention the trigger was pulled 8x ..... 8x 1600fps aint exactly fun

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    i'm quite content with my Benelli... you know what they say "buy once cry once"
    though, i would love to buy a gas shotgun in the future... i mean, shooting full power 1600fps slugs out of the M2 isn't my idea of repetitive fun. not to mention the trigger was pulled 8x ..... 8x 1600fps aint exactly fun

Trade/Sell for the Benelli M4 - problem solved :D

....but why didn't you go with the M4 to begin with? :confused:

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    Trade/Sell for the Benelli M4 - problem solved :D

....but why didn't you go with the M4 to begin with? :confused:

the M2 was the flavor of the season lol... before the purchase I did a little research to see which shotgun was the most reliable for 3 gunning. and well, the consensus said M2 for it's reliability.

that doesn't mean I won't purchase the Benelli M4 at a later date :D after all, "variety is the spice of life" is it not?

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I picked up a 930 SPX a few years back on a trade. The buddy I got it from may have ran a 100 rd walmart value pack through it at the most. It was one of the early ones with the thinner barrels and canted FSP. I sent the barrel back and they replaced it with one of the new thicker barrels with taller and straight FSP. I have ran a couple of shotgun matches and one three gun match with it with zero issues. Like the others, I mainly use the cheap bulk loads from walmart with the occasional slug during a match. I have milled and beveled my receiver to help with loading, and need to get around to welding my lifter.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    the M2 was the flavor of the season lol... before the purchase I did a little research to see which shotgun was the most reliable for 3 gunning. and well, the consensus said M2 for it's reliability.

that doesn't mean I won't purchase the Benelli M4 at a later date :D after all, "variety is the spice of life" is it not?

Yes Tony Horton....lol That may be only funny to a select few sorry :lol:

Hard to beat that Inertia Drive as long as it's being fed high brass or well broke in. Nothing else like it.

Have you considered the Beretta 1301? The BLINK Gas System is very nice.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom