mossberg 930 spx

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tangiltows

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Denham Springs, La
    for the past 30 or so years my "room broom" has been a satin nickel 8 shot ithaca m-37 that has provided yeoman's service. now that my wife has moved it to her side of the bed, it has me looking for a replacement. never having owned a mossberg before forces me to ask for ya'lls advice. i like the fact it has sights for slugs and such but they look like they might could hang on something at maybe the wrong time. i always just kept a clean white handkerchief tied around the muzzle for lo-light and it has worked well for me. the 3" chamber is a + but not necessary since it is usually loaded w/ hi-brass #2's for around the house. i believe they make one without the sights but with a lower round count. kinda leaning towards the one w/ the sights thou. input appreciated! many thanks, vic

Psychic Bacon

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 17, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Great scatter gun. Bought one from a guy here as my first semi-auto.

The gas system tames even slugs to a manageable (and fun) degree.

Only problem I have with it is that because of the gas system, it does not like being fired without something to recoil against. So shooting from the hip is pretty much out.

MakeMyDay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I just picked one up. I had ordered the pistol grip model but the regular stock one showed up. I was not going to accept it but decided to keep it. I am ok with that! It seems to be one heckuva shotgun. I can't wait to test shoot it! I had read a lot of good reviews and all combined...PRICE, LOOKS,FEATURES and Mossberg reputation, are what made decide on it. Mine has the new style charging handle and the thick barrel. I had told myself I wasn't gonna buy another firearm this YEAR!
    Thanks MOSBERG for making me break my own promise!

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    To those who said they owned these.

What's your verdict these days?

I just plunked down some bucks with Bud's on a law a way, the standard stock, LPA 8 shot model. Reviews looked solid, seems like they have worked the initial bugs out of it so...I'm waiting to do my own shooting of one.

In the meantime, how is yours working out?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I bought a 590A1 for a gift last year, and I think the gun is rugged and serviceable. The "fit finish" isn't up there with an 870P, and the bore is a bit rougher than I would have liked, but it shoots slugs VERY accurately, and gets 10-12" patterns with Flite Control buckshot at 40 yards. A few hundred rounds later, and the action has smoothed up a lot.

I read a lot of good stuff about the 930SPX, and it seems some people are using them in 3-gun to good effect.

The worst "flaw" I have read about is that sometimes the FSB is canted. Make sure you inspect before you buy, and you should be fine. Everything I hear, they are good/reliable/durable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom