Motorcycle Tracks?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cripple

Quad CCW
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2008
    N. of I10
    Are there any good asphalt tracks in southern LA, preferably on the North shore or BR/NOLA area?

My son is looking for a good street bike for Christmas and Id like to find a good closed circuit place for him to ride until he gets familiar with the bike.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I just rode today at No Problem raceway in Donaldsonville. Kevin w/ rentmyninja.com has some 250's he rents for $300 a day. That's all track fee's and gear included. It was a blast and highly recommended.

I just bought a Yamaha R1 and wanted to get some experience before I jump on the streets. I went in green as hell and came out feeling very confident. It was money WELL spent. I couldn't imagine just jumping on a bike and learning on the road. I will be doing it again.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    be careful headshot, feeling very confident on a ninja 250 and jumping on an R1 will get you hurt quick fast and in a hurry.

Ben Draughn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Hickory LA
    start slow in a big parking lot with no cars i use to take my bike onece a month and do slow stuff with cones in the OTB on hwy 11 in slidell dont need to lear the fast stuff till you learn the slow stuff first. he is going to get in more trouble in town than on the hwy.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    +1 to Ben's comment, check out Harleybatonrouge.com for the Rider's Edge classes. The LA Dept. of Public Safety offers courses as well, I think they may be found on the DPS site. They are cheaper than the Harley classes but harder to get into.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Grand Bayou circuit recently opened in the N.O. area, I was supposed to go to the grand opening dinner thing, but couldn't make it, boost leak lol

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You don't have to take the class to get an endorsement, you just have to do a riding test at the DMV. If you complete the class you only have to take the written exam to get your endorsement

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    be careful headshot, feeling very confident on a ninja 250 and jumping on an R1 will get you hurt quick fast and in a hurry.

Tell me bout it. I hopped on me R1 the next day and about killed myself coming out of the driveway. There's quite a bit of difference in throttle response between the 250 and the 1000 :eek:. I am getting used to it, but it still scares the hell out me

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom