Movie Showing-Assulted: Civil Rights Under Fire

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    The LSA has negotiated a showing of the movie on Wednesday September 18th at 7 pm at the AMC Clearview Palace 12 in Metairie. Tickets are $10.00 and will go on sale August 15 at 12am.

The way this will work is that you order tickets on line. We have to sell 100 tickets to get the showing. If we get the 100 or more tickets sold your CC will be charged if we don't there will be no charge.

You can track the event at: www.tugg.com/events/4995

Join us and see how your civil rights are being abused and under assult. Spread the word.

More to come!!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I also caught the documentary in Lafayette.
    I was a little thrown by Ice-T narrating it but once I got over that I felt it was well done.
    Worth going to see.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    The fact that AMC restrict firearms is troubling but at least they let the film be shown. The Hollywood theatres said "NO". So which one would you choose? Yes but or No?

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    This movie is a great opportunity to invite a friend, neighbor or relative out. Take them out for a burger and then the movie. Maybe get a non-believer to believe. We are about half way to getting enough tickets sold to get the movie shown. Show your support by purchasing a ticket.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Just heard today that the Baton Rouge showing sold the required number of tickets and is a go for Sept 11. I didn't get an email from LSA but a friend of mine did and says he bought 2 tickets for the showing in Baton Rouge. I'm still not sure if I'm going or not.

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    Just heard today that the Baton Rouge showing sold the required number of tickets and is a go for Sept 11. I didn't get an email from LSA but a friend of mine did and says he bought 2 tickets for the showing in Baton Rouge. I'm still not sure if I'm going or not.

Do you have a link? I'd like to share this on FB, hopefully to get more views.

Last edited:

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    No link. Like I said, I was told this by a friend this morning who bought tickets for the BR showing. He said that The Advocate newspaper did a story on the film on Tuesday but I don't get The Advocate so I didn't see it.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    Go to my first posting and follow the tugg.com web site. You will see more info there. Today we here that the big O-hole has restricted the importation of military rifles aka the M1 from reimportation to the US. Our right to keep and bear arms is slowly being eroded. This film shows much of what is happening across the country. If all we do is talk about it on the web and do nothing, or something as simple as buying 2 tickets to a movie and inviting a relative, friend or neighbor what will we do when the hard fight comes? Most will do nothing, civil rights will slowly vanish and your grandchildren will ask -what did you do to stop the Marxist attack on the Bill of Rights? Most of you will say I chatted on the internet that was suppose to stop them.

A greater New Orleans area with a population of nearly 1 million people can't get 100 people out to show support for a movie that illustrates how the government in Washington has little concern for our rights. And why should Washington care? Most don't care to buy a $10.00 ticket to show support for those rights, that must mean that those rights are meaningless.

When I go to Camp Perry for the National Matches and I see the great republic states of California, and Washington fielding large Junior Teams and Louisiana struggles to get enough for one team it makes me wonder where the 2nd Amendment stands here.

LSA has a thousand or so members but other liberal state shooting associations have 10,000 or more. In Indiana an air soft shooting clinic was put on and 22,000 people showed up. When was the last time anyone heard of such an event here?

Sorry for the rant but the people of Louisiana have to show their stripes!

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    I want to thank all of those that will be coming out to see the movie: Assulted Civil Rights Under Fire. We have just sold all of the tickets necessary for the film to be shown. Now we would like to sell all the rest to fill the house. The movie is getting rave reviews all over the country and is making headlines because of the grass roots efforts to get it shown and the reception to it's content.

So if you were on the fence about going get in there and buy a couple of tickets. If you have college age children or relatives get one for them before they get their heads filled with mush on campus.

With another war on the horizon lets get out and show the country that here in Louisiana we support our Civil Rights not just some but all!

Top Bottom