Movies Kill People Ban All Movie Production

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    I am not really sure how "ready for the job" you can be if you know anything about guns.
    1. Is the gun locked? Did you unlock and inspect the gun before passing it on?
    2. Did the inspection include looking at all ammo inside the magazine?
    3. Do you have any live ammo anywhere? If yes, toss all ammo, and go buy new blanks.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I can see the cinematographer, with the director right behind her, looking to get the right angle for that particular part of the scene. Mr. Baldwin, with a gun he thought was loaded with blanks, pointing the gun at the cinematographer for her see how the action would look from the camera view. From what I understand there were live rounds on the site which were used during off time for plinking, or perhaps training (i.e. actor learning not to flinch). In my training, this is a BIG NO NO. Seems to me, the only person who should have handed the gun to Mr. Baldwin is the armorer. And it would have been inspected before it was handed to him. This gun was on table with several other guns. The assistant director picked up the gun and handed it to Mr. Baldwin, telling him it was 'cold'. I think assistant director needs to be charged. And possibly the armorer for losing control of the weapons. This was a tragedy brought on by negligence and cutting corners on safety (and maybe even money). There had been several other incidents but no information on what happened. Those should have been 'wake-up' calls to the armorer that there was a problem on the set.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The Sheriff and the D.A. gave a news conference this morning and really didn't offer up much info . They are still investigating everything and analyzing evidence collected . We are all going to have to continue getting our " facts " from the Internet . :D

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The Sheriff and the D.A. gave a news conference this morning and really didn't offer up much info . They are still investigating everything and analyzing evidence collected . We are all going to have to continue getting our " facts " from the Internet . :D

I just read the above so it must be true.......

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've read, and by no means does this indicate it's true, but:

1. Live round in hollywood means it goes bang. Blank, primer, lead, whatever, they are all "live" rounds.
    2. Cold Gun means the weapon does not have anything in it that will go bang. See above.
    3. There were three weapons on a cart prepared by the armorer that were to be used in the scene.
    4. Due to Covid, armorer was not allowed at the scene.
    5. The Asst. Director handed a weapon to Baldwin and called out "cold gun."
    6. Baldwin was practicing (draws, whatever) and pointing to the camera.
    7. Weapon fired during this practice. Two people hit.
    8. Reports (not in places I would consider credible at this time) of real lead bullet ammunition on site, and not segregated or locked up.

Lots of fail in this situation. Even if some of the above ends up being not accurate.

ETA: My original thoughts a few days ago were that Baldwin hit the two with a blank at close range. But who knows, if real lead bullets were actually onsite.

Last edited:

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I thought this happened in California where Democrats/Anti-Gunners run the show. Why were weapons being handled by anyone but LEO to begin with? Lol... I hope my comment isn't found threatening and borderline Illegal/provocative

Nevada, but the rest of your thoughts are valid.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I've read, and by no means does this indicate it's true, but:

1. Live round in hollywood means it goes bang. Blank, primer, lead, whatever, they are all "live" rounds.
    2. Cold Gun means the weapon does not have anything in it that will go bang. See above.
    3. There were three weapons on a cart prepared by the armorer that were to be used in the scene.
    4. Due to Covid, armorer was not allowed at the scene.
    5. The Asst. Director handed a weapon to Baldwin and called out "cold gun."
    6. Baldwin was practicing (draws, whatever) and pointing to the camera.
    7. Weapon fired during this practice. Two people hit.
    8. Reports (not in places I would consider credible at this time) of real lead bullet ammunition on site, and not segregated or locked up.

Lots of fail in this situation. Even if some of the above ends up being not accurate.

ETA: My original thoughts a few days ago were that Baldwin hit the two with a blank at close range. But who knows, if real lead bullets were actually onsite.

fox news reported earlier that they had over 500 rounds of ammunition on scene. A mixture of live, blanks, and dummy’s.

here’s the Fox News report on it after the sheriffs press release.

https://youtu.be/uYFewTzOY20

Last edited:
    Top Bottom