Moving down to baton rouge/prairieville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Well, folks, I have started moving. I will be down there for good in less than a week. I have an interview for a company on highland/perkins, and hope to land that job.

So, anyone wants to hang out, let me know.

Also, I will be looking for a place to live....folks told me they want me out of their house inside of two months.....I will be looking for a place with a garage (i.e. probably gonna be a house) to rent soon so that I can put my projet mustang in and work on. If anyone knows a place, or has a place to rent, or is looking for a roomate in the area, please let me know.

I was a bit sticker shocked as I looked at places earlier today, none of the houses I saw where under 1500, and not looking to spend that much by myself just yet.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Well, I do not think that I will be looking to buy for a year or two, want know be a bit more secure in my job before I actually purchase......would hate to buy, then get fired a month later, or transferred or something...

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I am looking at the prices of some of these houses for sale, many MANY of them are 250+. Now, I am to understand, and running the numbers it seems about right, that one should not buy a house that costs more than 3 times their yearly salary.

Is it really that that large of a percentage (i.e...judging by the houses for sale, nearly all) in P'Ville area, including geismer and dutchtown, are making 100-200 a year, or did that many people just get too far over their heads?

or is everyone having both husband and wife bringing in the paychecks so that they can afford something like this?

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I am looking at the prices of some of these houses for sale, many MANY of them are 250+. Now, I am to understand, and running the numbers it seems about right, that one should not buy a house that costs more than 3 times their yearly salary.

Is it really that that large of a percentage (i.e...judging by the houses for sale, nearly all) in P'Ville area, including geismer and dutchtown, are making 100-200 a year, or did that many people just get too far over their heads?

or is everyone having both husband and wife bringing in the paychecks so that they can afford something like this?

Over their heads for the most part. You also have to remember that is usually a couple and not a single person going in on the buy.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    03GeeTee beat me to the question and I see we have something in common....check out my pic. I've been driving 71-73's since 1978! Welcome!

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    JD are you looking to but or rent?
    I currently rent an 1800 sq ft home in Denham Springs, three bed 2 bath, dining room rec room and large kitchen.
    $850 mo
    Moving back to Clearwater Beach FL on Oct 1st so landlord is looking for a new occupant.
    Let me know if you are interested.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Looking to rent for now. If I get the job I am interviewing for in the morning, I will bewanting to stay in the prairieville are though, since the job is at highland/perkins

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    well, graduated and moved down. Staying at myy folks right now, looking for work. have one more trip to make back up to ruston to get my fish tanks and clean the place up.

Top Bottom