Moving like pond water…..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    When firearms are close to the price they are new then the item tends to not sell unless another manufacturered scare happens.

As for peoples' pricing in the marketplace, that is their business.

Last edited:

Buster_Lee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Louisiana folks seem to always want close to retail prices for most everything second hand, including guns. It can be next to worn out and they still want 90% of retail. You have to go to Texas to find deals. Yes, I'm from Louisiana.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Louisiana folks seem to always want close to retail prices for most everything second hand, including guns. It can be next to worn out and they still want 90% of retail. You have to go to Texas to find deals. Yes, I'm from Louisiana.

I spent 9 years traveling overseas and believe me it is not just Louisiana.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I feel like we are at an absolute standstill with this site. The same guns for sale sitting stagnant being pushed up, and up, and up…. Nobody wants to trade anything. Nobody is buying anything. Everything is moving like pond water…. I hate to say this, but I feel like the only time stuff starts moving around is after something bad happens. Right after someone starts saying that something is about to get banned. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we are all at a point where we are decently satisfied with the firearms we own, but the few that we are not satisfied with are steadily dropping their priced value. Everyone is listing their stuff as for sale and no trades. That’s great and all, but the price of gas and food are steadily rising and people just aren’t coming off that dollar like we were let’s say last year. Last year, guns were selling and being traded daily and sometimes hourly. Now I can click on a firearm that I would like to own and BAM for sale only…. I can offer 2 guns at double the value and the answer is still no, I only want cash…. You have had this listed for months and nothing. Price drop, new price drop, dropping price again, final price drop….. In the end it is absolutely the discretion of the lister/seller to make a deal with someone. I vote we start moving some of these firearms around and unclench these anal glands. Clearly there aren’t people rolling in money, but we gotta help each other…
    I’m heating up the popcorn…. What say you???
    I think you answered your own question, mostly, but I’ll add this:
    Likely not going to change for a while. It is what it is. We are where we are and the market ain’t moving. If you need to sell something at the moment, you’ll have to lower your asking price to meet this buyer’s market. Some of us sitting on the sidelines with cash at the ready. Ready for the next step. People will take less money for something when they reach a certain level of need. I’ve lived through these times a time or two and the only thing you can really do is be prepared and don’t stress about something you can’t control.
    If I really wanted to spend some money right now, I’d buy more ammo. That’s about to make another splash. Otherwise, offer what you’re willing to spend. You might get a willing seller. Just look at how cheap it is to build AR’s at the moment.

Last edited:

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    I recently started looking again at either trading or buying outright, but to be honest some of the prices here are pants on head retarded. I’m not paying new prices or in some cases above new prices for a used gun.

If it’s priced right it will move. Most of what I’m seeing is priced at top dollar, trying to get every penny out of what they bought. It’s their right but as a buyer I’d rather buy new and put my own mods on than pay you guys new prices and pay for your choice in mods. Just my preferences as the cash buyer.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    BigChillin has a .308 that's caught my eye a time or two. LOL

I spent some money recently on some serious deals on clearance clothing. Decent gear for 50% or 25% of (not off) the usual price. Makes me assume this economy has people spending less so retailers aren't selling as usual. If that's the case, naturally it'll take a toll on everything.

Sky-high inflation and I assure you the left will keep voting left, voting for more inflation, while griping about prices. :crazy:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    But I agree bs market is stale.. I have moved a lot of item in ar15.com for asking price plus shipping.. I usually just try local and knock off $20-$50 plus shipping for a while before I go on there lol… maybe Louisiana is being hit pretty hard..

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    But I agree bs market is stale.. I have moved a lot of item in ar15.com for asking price plus shipping.. I usually just try local and knock off $20-$50 plus shipping for a while before I go on there lol… maybe Louisiana is being hit pretty hard..
    I dont care for that site but agree. Definatley more eyes on your items but shipping takes time and is kind of a PITA

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I enjoy the trading aspect of guns. I enjoy shooting something new, cleaning them, and trying different attachments on them before I try to bless the next guy with a wonderful weapon. I can’t stand when someone tries to trade me a dirty gun. I’m talking full of dog hair, skin, dirt, grease, or anything else that traps nasty things lol. I like to have them clean enough to eat off of….. But trading makes me happy!

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I feel like we are at an absolute standstill with this site. The same guns for sale sitting stagnant being pushed up..... What say you???
    I thought this looked familiar.

Top Bottom