MP shield plus vs mp 4” as good?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    Before I buy one.
    Do the bigger mp 2.0 with flat trigger shoot as good or better than shield plus. It always surprises me how well I shoot this gun.
    With all the other 4” + guns I have it makes no senses but but I think I got to have one.
    Tell me the plus is just an anomaly!

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I agree that a Shield Plus shoots great. It's my #1 EDC for how thin and light it is. It shoots better than anything else its size. However, I have the M&P 2.0 Compact 4" with flat trigger too. Feels very familiar. It does shoot better, but it's a thicker and heavier gun.

I don't know anyone who would shoot a Shield Plus better than the compact. Or, are you trying to compare it to other 4" guns? I'm partial to M&P pistols.

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    I agree that a Shield Plus shoots great. It's my #1 EDC for how thin and light it is. It shoots better than anything else its size. However, I have the M&P 2.0 Compact 4" with flat trigger too. Feels very familiar. It does shoot better, but it's a thicker and heavier gun.

I don't know anyone who would shoot a Shield Plus better than the compact. Or, are you trying to compare it to other 4" guns? I'm partial to M&P pistols.

The plus is my number #1 too, especially summer coming.

However, I’m looking to add to a compact role that is usually a g19, p30 and even a Vp9 ( I know not compact) . They all work well for me but I can’t help but need to know can I shoot the mp 4” better.
    I mean I guess I’m splitting hairs here ( just buy the gun)
    But with all the hk mags ( just one example) etc etc
    Starting down another stock is a real commitment.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Hmmm. Hard to know. I have a P30L, so I would say it shoots better-but again so much bigger. I could never shoot glocks well but have always been decent with all M&Ps. Never shot a VP9 but prob great grip like a P30.

You know that make a 3.6" M&P 2.0 Compact too?

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Hmmm. Hard to know. I have a P30L, so I would say it shoots better-but again so much bigger. I could never shoot glocks well but have always been decent with all M&Ps. Never shot a VP9 but prob great grip like a P30.

You know that make a 3.6" M&P 2.0 Compact too?

3.6 , yes. I thought 4” because the 3.6 would be so close to the plus.
    Sell everything and buy all m&ps/ jokes

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I’m a diehard Smith & Wesson fan, but also a lover and collector of all things fun! I shoot M&Ps better, and they feel way more natural to me, than any other firearms. Even better than the always excellent HKs. My advice would be to obviously keep your Shield Plus, buy a compact 3.6”, buy a 4”, and buy a full sized. You won’t regret it.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Bought the 4" to go with the shield, for now. I will not be letting go of the hks, or glocks. I might let go of a p30 lem light that is an extra. but so hard to do.
    Let the Glocks go, my friend. You won’t regret it. I sold or traded all my Glocks many years ago when I figured out that M&Ps are far superior in just about every way, and I have never looked back.

Top Bottom