MS OFFICE OR ADOBE POWER USERS< Step inside please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I have a buddy who I work dogs with that has asked me to find a way or process to convert some hard copy forms into fill-able documents or PDFs for his work admin.
    I have played with google docs some with his PDF and OCR, I got the forms but I Don't know how make them a living doc or to have a drop down for him to add text within the PDF.

Have any of you done such a thing? I know there is a best practices or a known process, But I am not a power user in any one program enough to create such a thing.

Thanks in advance.

Dave McFarland

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I use pdfescape.com. It's fairly easy and as long as you create them online, they are free. You can download the file once you have finished editing it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Adobe Acrobat Pro will do OCR then you can use Adobe Sign. This is enterprise level Software so it will cost a bit. Google Docs are terrible for pdfs from my experience. Adobe invented the PDF format so it is hard to beat their level of support.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Honestly, it'd probably be easier to build out the form in Excel and then lock the sheet(s) so only the dropdowns / fields (cells) you left open are editable.

That's my recommendation.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Adobe Acrobat Pro will do OCR then you can use Adobe Sign. This is enterprise level Software so it will cost a bit. Google Docs are terrible for pdfs from my experience. Adobe invented the PDF format so it is hard to beat their level of support.

This is what we do.

You can get a free 7 day trial for Adobe Acrobat and use that time to scan in all the forms and edit them. It's pretty simple and straight forward and Adobe has tons of helpful documents on their site to walk you through it all.

Adobe Sign is only needed if you are having people digitally sign the forms and you have to keep track of everything for legal purposes. It will store the IP address of the person who signed the form as well as timestamps of when they first opened the form and when they signed it and whatnot. It's pretty advanced for a mom & pop shop. If they're just going to print the form, hand sign it, and scan/email it back, then Adobe Sign isn't necessary.

Here's a quick start guide that takes you through something similar to what you're looking for: https://acrobatusers.com/assets/upl...nvert-forms-into-fillable-pdf-tutorial_ue.pdf

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input.. I am out of my orbit of knowledge on this one, but it would help me with my training logs too.. So I took the project on.. Thanks again

Top Bottom